Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shader Info

Page: 1 of 1
 Usurpo
11-27-2003, 1:58 AM
Where is the forcefield shader/texture located? I want to use it for my map, but I can't find it! [the one I am talking about is the one found in Shroom Duck's Death Star level, in the hanger with the falcon]
 Vile
11-27-2003, 2:03 AM
I too am trying to get a shader that animates like that and you can walk thru it.
 Usurpo
11-27-2003, 2:51 AM
Yea, so am I. I looked under the Death Star textures from Shroom's map, and it wasn't there...ugh! Where is it? Its holding back production! LoL
 Vile
11-27-2003, 3:28 AM
that is all you want, well you can find them in the byss textures ;)

now as for making it transparent and passable.....that is a new problem as I have no idea.
 WadeV1589
11-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Cover a brush in system/nodraw then texture only one side with the texture you want to be able to walk through. If you want both sides to be textured, the safest way is to make another brush out of system/nodraw and place it over the top of the first brush, this time texturing the opposite side.

It can happen though that this brush will become solid, the only true way to guarantee it won't become solid during compile is to make a shader for it.
Page: 1 of 1