Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Map Woes!

Page: 1 of 1
 Usurpo
11-26-2003, 2:12 AM
When I run the BSP, it keeps telling me I have a leak in my map! I have checked over and over, and there is no leek! Upon closer inspection, it said I had an entity outside my caulk, in the void. Thing is, I can't find this entity! This is really confusin! Can someone help me with this?
 Mr. Chopper
11-26-2003, 2:53 AM
The error message window should tell you what number it is. i.e. "Entity 80 Brush 0: Leak". You take that information, and in Radiant, go to Misc->Find Brush, and enter the number of the entity where it says "Entity". It'll take you right to the entity, and highlight it for you. :)
 Usurpo
11-26-2003, 11:16 AM
-- FloodEntities ---
183 flooded leafs
entity reached from outside -- no filling
--- LeakFile ---
2 point linefile
MAP LEAKED

That isw the error message I am getting...~.~
 Mr. Chopper
11-26-2003, 1:35 PM
Okay then you have an actual light leak. Go under the 'misc' menu, and you'll see one option that says 'next leak point', or 'previous leak point'. You can use both of these to find out exactly where your map is leaking. The other, and more accurate (IMO) method is to follow the thick red line in your map, and find the spot where the line goes from inside your map, to outside your map, or vice versa. Sometimes you can have a leak so small, it isn't visible in 3D view. If it goes through the middle of a brush, then what I would try is deleting the brush and recreating it. If it's a wall or a floor, or if it touches "the void"/"outer space"/whatever, make sure it is a structural brush. The other thing I do when I have that problem is I use the edge tool, and move one corner around by 1 grid unit, and re-align everything else up to it.
 Usurpo
11-26-2003, 6:16 PM
Well, I made all my borders into structural entities...that didn't help. I went to the 'misc' menue and told it it to find both the next and previous leak, but it was unresponsive. Now, this red line appears directly...8 units away from one of my border walls. This is annoying the hell out of me, I want to devmap this thing! Ugh! Do you have AIM or anything we could talk on, so I could give you a play-by-play?
 Business_Eskimo
11-26-2003, 7:54 PM
It's taken care of. :cool:

In case you were wondering, there was an info_player_start outside of the void.
Page: 1 of 1