Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

n00b Radiant question

Page: 1 of 1
 Vile
11-23-2003, 2:31 AM
how do I select objects without creating a object......as in when I make a selection box it becomes a brush entity?
 Lil Killa
11-23-2003, 6:22 AM
To select the top-most brush in 2d or 3d view hold shift and click the brush or brushes.

To a select a brush entity or a brush behind other brushes you can hold alt and shift while clicking to slect different brushes. (or for the group it will select whole group)

Hope that helps..
 Vile
11-23-2003, 3:52 PM
another question, lol how do I check the properties of an entitiy you know the values for like trigger_hurt and stuff
 alexx860
11-23-2003, 3:55 PM
Select your entity and press N :)

alexx860
 Vile
11-24-2003, 12:59 AM
and last how do you add custom music to the map I know where to put the files and stuff but in the map itself what trigger or entity do I use for the music?
 Lil Killa
11-24-2003, 1:27 AM
go to the worldspawn entity and add a kay of music and a value of music/yourmap/yourmusic.mp3
 Vile
11-24-2003, 1:41 AM
ok got ya thats how it is done :)

ok not be dumb but I am just learning Raident, so questions keep comming :p

is there a light_environment entity for Raident? as there isnt in the normal list and if I make one as in class -> light_environment it acts like a normal light...........
 Shadow_stone00
11-24-2003, 1:42 AM
yep just make sure that you put a music folder like this music/yourmapname/yourmapsong.wtvr in the pk3 so that it has a reference point ;)
 Vile
11-24-2003, 1:46 AM
now what about the light_environment?
 Lil Killa
11-24-2003, 3:08 AM
Originally posted by Vile
now what about the light_environment?

What might that be?

If you mean lights then right click and choose light from the list.

If you mean an ambient light than make a key og ambient in your worldspawn with a number value.
 Vile
11-24-2003, 9:59 PM
oh ok

light_environment is what acts like the "sun" in Half-Life. That or it acts as the normal light level thru the whole map.

probably not the last question, how do I add in a independent model like an land speeder to my map. Also in raident is there a way to change the max viewable distance.....(btw I am very good with WorldCraft for Half-Life, but this raident is much different than worldcraft, a lot is the same but the controlls for the editor is WAY different, so I am trying to understand it all so I can start pumping out some beasty maps)
 Vile
11-25-2003, 11:40 AM
final bump ^^

sorry to bump but my thread got pusshed to the second page in less than a day, wow!
 GothiX
11-25-2003, 1:02 PM
Ok, here goes.. Create a normal light, target it at an info_notnull, and add the key "_sun" with value "1" to the light. Tadaa!
 Vile
11-25-2003, 7:29 PM
I got that done, I was refering to Worldbuilder the ambient is what I needed. So how do I add in models like a land speeder?
Page: 1 of 1