Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JA SP mapping problems

Page: 1 of 1
 wannadie
11-22-2003, 11:48 PM
This map I'm making was looking pretty cool but I recently pk3'd all the JO textures & put them in the JA/base dir. Now when I play-test the map, some of the tex's are missing!

Not only that, but as I was fighting in a now textureless hallway I made, I fell through the fricken wall! That never happened before! So I tested all the walls(by running into them) & found 3 were not solid (btw they also touch the void).
How do you fix this?

In JA, it seems that whenever you add something new, you replace something old:

* I added some NPC's, loaded up the SP Hoth level, now the wampa & snowtroopers wont load, seems they were replaced.

* Added the old JO textures, now some of the JA textures I used in my SP level wont load(textureless hallway above), seems they were replaced.

* Added the "sith_speeder_mst" npc, seems I cant spawn the normal speeder anymore. replaced.

Geez, what's with this engine? Should'nt these "Addons" end up being "Added" to the stock selection?

PS, can someone post how to make the wall solid? thanks.
 Business_Eskimo
11-23-2003, 7:17 PM
Rename the JO assets0.pk3 to _assets0.pk3, so it won't replace the JA ones.
The Q3 engine loads the pk3s in alphabetical order, so the JA ones will take precedence.
Page: 1 of 1