Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lights, camera, action! Lighting issues.

Page: 1 of 1
 mknote
11-22-2003, 12:50 AM
Thanks for all the great help in making my map. My next question comes because when I run the map in LIGHT, the light bleeds through. If it is on one side of a wall, you may still see it where the wall meets the floor on the other side. How do I fix this? While this isn't a map-breaker, it really annoys me. Also, is there a way I can make more than one brush a single brush? The problem is that I did quite a bit of clipping to make a shattered door, and I want to make the area around the shattered part to be one brush without the use of entities. Is there a way? TIA

MK
 Lil Killa
11-22-2003, 2:26 AM
(just forget this mumbo-jumbo and look at post below this)

Well for the light part you can do one of the following ( may have to do more than one)

A. Make the brush structual
B. make the wall overlap the floor or whatever surface the light is seeping through.

Hope that helps..

(just forget this mumbo-jumbo and look at post below this)
 [SASH]Nathan
11-22-2003, 2:26 AM
 Lil Killa
11-22-2003, 2:28 AM
LOL sup Nath... we posted at the same time :D your solution is probably a bit better though...
 [SASH]Nathan
11-22-2003, 2:30 AM
lol austin :P
 WadeV1589
11-22-2003, 2:34 AM
Can I just say be sure not to follow the "overlap the brushes" idea, it increases BSP size unnecessarily. Just follow Ydnar's explanation of things and you'll get there.
 dood
11-23-2003, 4:16 PM
some textures give light but how make that the model give light... how create a blue light, I need lamp light efect like in Rift Sanctuary.
 [SASH]Nathan
11-23-2003, 5:02 PM
not sure if u can make a model 'give out light' :P but u can just get a normal light, set the size, press n to bring up its entity window, then press n again to close it, then press ctrl and k, select the colour u wnat, select light again and press n, the colour should now be set to that light ( as u cna see by its change in colour in 3d window and the new colour key in its entity window)
Page: 1 of 1