Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Enhanced Ideas: Basically Confused

Page: 1 of 1
 Marker0077
11-19-2003, 6:18 AM
First off, this was actually started in the "Fixes that should go in OJP Basic" thread but didn't belong there, so certain posts might be getting moved in here. Anyways, I am suggesting 2 features...

#1) Duel/Power Duel server CVar for putting chatting back to the way it was in JK2 (not permitting spectators to talk with alive players while they play but spectators can still talk amongst each other & they can read what the alive duelists are saying).

Spectators chatting can be too distractive or for some of us, somewhat of a disability because it hogs up screen space. Going back to the way it was in JK2 should make both the spectators & the alive players happy.

Again, I think you should just make this an option. There are some people who prefer the new way.

#2) A client CVar for cutting chat text down to a maximum of 3 lines & up at the top of the screen.

Every now & again you get some REAL chatty people that write books while you are trying to play & it can be distractive or for some of us, somewhat of a disability because it hogs up screen space.

That's it for now, I'll post more if I think of anything else.
 razorace
11-19-2003, 6:34 AM
I think you didn't get the difference between Basic and Enhanced. The two ideas you just suggested could both go into Basic. Please read the OJP readme, it's all covered in there.
 razorace
11-19-2003, 7:46 AM
This thread has been renamed as per the system suggested in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118042)
 Marker0077
11-19-2003, 9:01 AM
Originally posted by razorace
I think you didn't get the difference between Basic and Enhanced. The two ideas you just suggested could both go into Basic. Please read the OJP readme, it's all covered in there. #1 You told me any gamplay changes goes in Enhanced.

#2 When I brought this idea up before (it was originally an on-screen mute of player text but not in the console log), you said it goes in enhanced.

I'm just placing it where you told me it goes pretty much twice.
 razorace
11-19-2003, 9:22 AM
I'm sorry. I didn't make an understandable distinction between the Enhanced distro and enhancements.

The Enhanced distro is the package of OJP that includes gameplay changes. Enhancements are simply stuff that goes beyond simple bug fixes. You can put enhancements in the Basic distro as long as they don't change the actual gameplay.

The things you just discribed are enhancements that could go in Basic.

Sorry about the confusion. :)
Page: 1 of 1