Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Basic Ideas: Fixes

Page: 1 of 1
 Marker0077
11-18-2003, 8:25 AM
#1) Avatar icons should be colored while playing, not just in the CPC GUI menus.

#2) Idle emote should be stopped when using other emotes (currently when the idle emote is in effect you can not use other emotes until it is finished or you jump out of the idle emote, then use whatever emote you are trying to use).

#3) Fix rolling

#4) Now this one is only sort of a fix. There should be a client side option that does not broadcast what other people are saying to you. This is INCREDIBLY useful while you are playing in duel mode & power duel mode. Things were much better in JK2 in this aspect because now people tend to chat alot & it takes up half your screen & you can't see while you're trying to play.

I was thinking that this should only remove text from your screen but NOT from in console. It would be nice if this could also still show what the server says, just not the client(s).

That's it for now, I'll keep adding them as I think of them.
 razorace
11-18-2003, 8:51 AM
#3) Fix rollingFix backward rolling. I'd consider that to be a bug. Anything beyond that is an enhancement.

#4) Now this one is only sort of a fix. There should be a client side option that does not broadcast what other people are saying to you. This is INCREDIBLY useful while you are playing in duel mode & power duel mode. Things were much better in JK2 in this aspect because now people tend to chat alot & it takes up half your screen & you can't see while you're trying to play.

I was thinking that this should only remove text from your screen but NOT from in console. It would be nice if this could also still show what the server says, just not the client(s).This isn't an bug fix. I know you started the thread, but let's keep the fixes and the enhancements seperate. We don't want this forum to end up like the general JKA forum.

Anyway, the chat only takes up three lines of the screen and an ignore chat just screams player abuse. If it's taking up too much space, turn up your game rez.

I've added the other stuff to the suggestions list.
 Marker0077
11-18-2003, 2:08 PM
Originally posted by razorace
Fix backward rolling. I'd consider that to be a bug. Anything beyond that is an enhancement.I don't know what you are talking about dude, the ONLY roll that works right is the left roll, every other roll pretty much does not work. Do you have the latest patch installed? I am not the only one that this happens to, when I play online it works for some people & it just doesn't for others. Either way, it's dodgy & is a bug that needs to be fixed. I realize it's hard to fix something when you don't have it pinpointed in the least bit but you never know, maybe while going through the backwards roll code you can find something that's messing it up for the rest of us too.Originally posted by razorace
This isn't an bug fix. I know you started the thread, but let's keep the fixes and the enhancements seperate. We don't want this forum to end up like the general JKA forum.Well whether I started the thread or not is irrelevant. If it doesn't belong here it doesn't belong here, sorry.Originally posted by razorace
Anyway, the chat only takes up three lines of the screen and an ignore chat just screams player abuse. If it's taking up too much space, turn up your game rez.#1 It takes up 4 or 5 lines

#2 I have a 600 mhz PC - I'm not turning up my res & even if I did have a faster PC I still wouldn't turn it up. I have always used the lower res because targets are easier to hit & the FPS is much better regardless of your CPU clockspeed.

Anyways, I'm just throwin ideas out here. I'm guessing you don't play duel mode because I see people asking everyone else in the room to be quiet while they play alot & it's not much of an add, so I figured this would be a good thing for you guys to add but whatever, it's your project.
 razorace
11-18-2003, 7:17 PM
Originally posted by Marker0077 ]
I don't know what you are talking about dude, the ONLY roll that works right is the left roll, every other roll pretty much does not work. Do you have the latest patch installed?I checked it and the only roll that you can't do without a jump is the backward roll. This was the same online as well.

Anyways, I'm just throwin ideas out here. I'm guessing you don't play duel mode because I see people asking everyone else in the room to be quiet while they play alot & it's not much of an add, so I figured this would be a good thing for you guys to add but whatever, it's your project.

Well, a full mute isn't going to happen but I can see a cg cvar that sets the number of chat lines displayed at once.
 Marker0077
11-18-2003, 8:04 PM
I checked it and the only roll that you can't do without a jump is the backward roll. This was the same online as well.Like I said, it works for some but not for others. Last time, there were some people in the room that it worked for & there were some other people that was experiencing the same problems I was. I couldn't roll even if I scripted it. I'm just letting you know, it is there for some of us.Originally posted by razorace
Well, a full mute isn't going to happen but I can see a cg cvar that sets the number of chat lines displayed at once. I think an option to just move the text up to the top of the screen like it was in JK2 would work fine also. It should be maxed out at 3 lines tho, again, just like JK2. A minimum of 1 line might be cool, I dunno, never played it like that.
 razorace
11-18-2003, 8:36 PM
Well, my guess is that these "others" are either stupid or whiny players. This happens whenever they change ANYTHING in the game. Picky bastards.
 Marker0077
11-19-2003, 6:08 AM
Razor, we made a few posts regarding the stuff for enhanced, I am making a "Features that should go in OJP Enhanced" thread now, can you move all of those posts into that thread so we can keep this one on Basic only please.

My next post (as well as anyone elses hopefully) will be in that thread regarding any gameplay changes.
 razorace
11-19-2003, 6:26 AM
Nah, I'll just leave the stuff here. If you think it's a big deal, just cut and paste the enhanced stuff to the new thread.
 razorace
11-19-2003, 7:57 AM
This thread has been renamed as per the system suggested in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118042)
 Marker0077
11-19-2003, 9:07 AM
This is an add to #2, the idle emote. When you ignite your saber it should come out of the idle emote.

I'm also thinking that maybe it shouldn't even play the idle emote if your saber is ignited.
 razorace
11-19-2003, 9:37 AM
So you don't immediately come out of the idle animation when you turn your saber on?
 Marker0077
11-19-2003, 10:08 AM
So you don't immediately come out of the idle animation when you turn your saber on? Currently no, but I think if the idle emote is running & you ignite your saber, it should stop the idle emote.

Now whether or not the idle emote should play while you are idle with an ignited saber is a bit of a grey area. I think it shouldn't. Actually, I think it should only play the portion of the idle emote that looks both ways, I think your arms & hands should stay in a defense position with an ignited saber but that's just my opinion.
Page: 1 of 1