Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Enhanced Ideas: Rolling Distance Option

Page: 1 of 1
 Marker0077
11-18-2003, 8:14 AM
Before I get into the idea, I would like to say that every option (& I do mean EVERY OPTION) that goes into basic & enhanced should have a CVar to put them back to standard settings.

Anyways, the idea is if you roll at a stand still then your rolling distance should be short like how it was with the first version of JK3 but if you run for a second or so & then roll, you roll farther like you would in JK2.
 razorace
11-18-2003, 8:40 AM
Uh, we're going to try to avoid cvar overload. Thank you very much.

That's why we're going with two distros. Basic will remain gameplay change free. In enhanced, the major/controvertial options will be cvared, everything else will be be perminate.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
11-18-2003, 8:49 AM
Right on razor.

For those who find any changes to gameplay (irrespective of their worth) abhorent, the Basic distro is there for them.

...but with the Enhanced distro, we want to try and push the gameplay forward a bit. And putting in a cvar for every single added feature - like Razor said - will just cause a big old mess...

People won't know what the hell they are playing when they join any particular OJP Enhanced server without checking a plethra of server options.

...and I don't know about you, but the last thing I want to have to do if I'm just after a quick game is to have to search through servers trying to find settings which suit me. I'd rather know what to expect (within a reasonable degree) if i join a server running a particular mod...
 keshire
11-18-2003, 9:17 AM
Also is it possible to fix the horrible distance covered when rolling off higher areas to lower areas. And if aimed and timed right. the rolling stab off a cliff into a crowd WILL net kills with one hit.
 razorace
11-18-2003, 9:33 AM
I haven't seen this personally so I can't comment fully. However, it sounds fairly realistic. Falling into a roll stab would put more damage and distance into it.
 keshire
11-18-2003, 9:39 AM
Yes true but the distance covered is laughable and the short short slide after the landing is unrealistic. But it may just be me being picky.
 razorace
11-18-2003, 9:51 AM
It's too short or too long?
 keshire
11-18-2003, 9:55 AM
You slide like five feet when you land. Same thing happens when rolling down stairways. I use it all the time. ;) its my flying stab.
 razorace
11-18-2003, 10:09 AM
You lost me. Are you complaining about the roll's landing slide or the standard jump land?
 keshire
11-18-2003, 10:14 AM
The rolling slide and distance from rolling off "cliffs".

I honestly don't know what a good solution to it would be. Because realistically you shouldn't be able to roll of the edge of a platform. Because it'd be impossible to land it right from certain heights. Any suggestions?
 keshire
11-18-2003, 10:18 AM
The standard jump land (into rolling your refering too right?) is fine for me. In fact I'm happy with it. But if you roll right off a ledge you get a large distance (defying physics), and a good distance sliding when doing the stab at the end of the roll.

___
______________ *you land here* *here if stabbing*
 razorace
11-19-2003, 8:09 AM
I see. I'll check it out.
Page: 1 of 1