Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

pk3?

Page: 1 of 1
 SpecialForces
11-16-2003, 11:33 PM
can someone please tell me how to make my mod into a pk3?
thanks
 Nith Sahor
11-17-2003, 12:40 AM
A PK3 is basically a compressed archive, like a ZIP file. So all you do is open up WinZIP, stick in all the files of your mod, (skins, QVMs, models, sounds, maps, etc.) save the archive, and then rename the archive from myMod.zip (or whatever you want the name of the pk3 to be) to myMod.pk3, and voila: you have a pk3.
 MasterSidious
11-17-2003, 4:29 AM
How do I rename it? And could a pk3 make it to where my mod would stay through a map change?
 MasterSidious
11-17-2003, 4:57 AM
I ran the "buildvms.bat" file, went into the "sister" base folder and copied and pasted all of the files found under vm (meaning all the vm files I copied) and put them in a single folder. Then I added the folder I put all of them in to WinZip and got "unlimitedmod.zip". I change the filename "unlimitedmod" to "unlimitedmod.pk3" but nothing happens or is there something that happens? What am I doing wrong? So how do ya rename it when you have Windows XP Professional?
 Wudan
11-24-2003, 7:48 PM
You need to be viewing file name extensions, it's likely you changed it from 'unlimitedmod.zip' to 'unlimitedmod.pk3.zip' which doesn't help.

Use pakscape, do a Google for it. It's a pk3/zip program with folders.
Page: 1 of 1