Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't talk to Domino...

Page: 1 of 1
 P_40E
11-15-2003, 4:58 AM
Okay, I've had this problem for several years now. A while ago, when I played Grim Fandango in Year 3, I couldn't talk to Domino when he was in his office. I knew that this was a glich, as I could when I first played the game. I thought that it was a problem with my hardware, as it was only a PII 350, and a Geforce 2 MX vid card. It turns out I was mostly right, as I've had nothing but trouble with that computer. However, when I recently played the game on this computer, which is much more advanced, I still had the same problem. If anyone else has had this problem and resolved it, can you please tell me what you did?
 scabb
11-15-2003, 2:49 PM
It's been suggested that this is a patch-related problem, so you could try playing without the patch - however, you'd have to uninstall, reinstall and then play from the start without patching. And even then it might not work.
 Dawidos
11-15-2003, 7:25 PM
I don't memorise that talking to Domino in Year 3 is required to finish this level. He says something when you take out scythe or gun. That's all.
 scabb
11-16-2003, 1:12 PM
No, you don't need to talk to Domino - in fact, most people have never really had the full conversation with him due to a bug in the game.
 Sally J Limones
11-16-2003, 8:23 PM
I think I've only heard the conversation once. And you'd have to keep a savegame if you play without the patch, because you'd probably not get past year 2 and the forklift. Though that conversation is kind of nice to hear.
~Sal
 spectronaut
03-17-2004, 4:43 PM
Yeah I can't talk to him either and I don't even play the game with any patches at all. I wish I could have a conversation with him though, to understand the game a bit more...
 kitmit13
08-19-2005, 12:51 PM
I could all the time till I installed my patch I still can on the computer upstairs though
Page: 1 of 1