Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

duel mode is broke

Page: 1 of 1
 areonic
11-14-2003, 6:51 PM
Alright,what can I be doing wrong,when i do gametype 3 for duel mode,and i add the map list for duel,we are able to use guns and force powers and when we kill eaach other,the next person doesnt get to play,we still fight
 Nemesis787
11-16-2003, 5:03 AM
I made a rotation.cfg file that sets the parameters for all the gametypes the rotation file is easy to set up once you get a good example. I think this may help you with your duel server issue. The issue seems to be realted to the following commands

duel_fraglimit 10 (win limit) this is standard for most duel servers
g_fraglimit 1 ( this will switch to the next person in line after somone wins a duel) first person to 10 frags wins and the maps will rotate.
now the reason you want to use a rotation. cfg file is that if you set the g_fraglimit to 1 in the server.cfg file ffa will also have a 1 frag limit ( which would not be fun one kill and the map changes).

A rotation.cfg file is the way to specify the force settings, weapons settings etc for each gametype and map. However it takes time to throw one together.
contact me if you need any example rotation.cfg /server.cfg files or more questions about getting your settings the way you want them.

contact me at Xintar@planethaven.net

Darth_Nemesis, Admin, DarkMatter public server.
www.planethaven.net/jediacademy)
 Kurgan
11-17-2003, 4:19 AM
If you want to disable certain weapons or force powers, simply visit this site and you'll see several pages that will help you do exactly that:

http://www.jediservers.com/help.asp)

And he's right, your frag limit needs to be 1 (Unless you want each "duel" to last for multiple kills) and then set the duel fraglimit to say 10-15 or something like that. The fewer people waiting in a duel the better, so I'd say maxclients should be about 6 and only put in a few bots (if any) 'cause again people hate waiting in line for long periods.
Page: 1 of 1