Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Server Config Help

Page: 1 of 1
 areonic
11-13-2003, 9:20 PM
OK,I have a server but dont know crap about it,can some1 please post a server config file so I can use it cuz I dont have one,also please direct me to a place I can learn more about the rcon commands and setting the config and crap,cuz when I change the game to duel,ppl still use forces and there are weapons and when i kill some1,they stay and I dont move on to the next person.so i guess im lookin for commands to change maps and just overall run and setup,any help would be nice,thank you
 Kurgan
11-14-2003, 2:47 AM
Here is my sample server.cfg file that I use for FFA hosting.

First download the dedicated server binary of your choice (linux or win32 for windows) from lucasfiles.com.

Here's what mine looks like (I edited the passwords of course, so just change them to what you want to use):

// Server Config (normal)

// gametypes
// 0 = FFA
// 3 = DUEL one on one tournament
// 4 = POWER DUEL
// 6 = TEAM FFA
// 7 = SIEGE
// 8 = CTF

/start of server.cfg
//my server config
seta sv_master1 "masterjk3.ravensoft.com"
seta sv_master2 "masterjk3.ravensoft.com"
seta sv_master3 "63.146.124.53"
seta sv_master4 "204.97.248.90"
seta sv_master5 "clanservers.net"
seta sv_master6 "master0.gamespy.com"
seta sv_allowdownload "1"
seta sv_allowvote "0"
seta g_allowvote "0"
seta g_gametype "0"
seta g_dismember "100"
seta g_filterBan "1"
seta g_banIPs ""
seta g_log "myserverlog.log"
seta g_forcePowerDisable "0"
seta g_spawnInvulnerability "3000"
seta g_forceRegenTime "200"
seta g_saberDamageScale "2"
seta con_notifytime "6"
seta g_slowmoDuelEnd "1"
seta g_logClientInfo "0"
seta g_autoMapCycle "1"
seta g_weaponDisable "0"
//set the above to 0 to play with weapons
seta g_debugmelee "1"
seta capturelimit "6"
seta g_warmup "20"
seta sv_floodProtect "1"
seta sv_maxPing "1000"
seta sv_minPing "0"
seta sv_maxRate "4000"
seta sv_maxclients "8"
seta sv_privateclients "1"
seta sv_privatepassword "YOUR VIP PASSWORD HERE"
//use privateclients and privatepassword to save a
slot for you with the password

seta sv_hostname "TITLE OF YOUR SERVER HERE"
seta g_motd "YOUR MESSAGE OF THE DAY HERE"
//change the above to your liking

seta g_maxForceRank "7"
seta g_saberLocking "1"
seta g_teamForceBalance "1"
seta g_siegeTeamSwitch "1"
seta g_privateDuel "1"
seta timelimit "40"
seta fraglimit "35"
seta duel_fraglimit "10"
seta rconpassword "YOUR PASSWORD HERE"

//bots
seta bot_enable "1"
seta bot_minplayers "4"
seta g_npcspskill "5"
//change the above to however many bots you want
//they will be kicked off as each person joins

set m1 "map mp/ffa1 ; set nextmap vstr m2"
set m2 "map mp/ffa2 ; set nextmap vstr m3"
set m3 "map mp/ffa3 ; set nextmap vstr m4"
set m4 "map mp/ffa4 ; set nextmap vstr m5"
set m5 "map mp/ffa5 ; set nextmap vstr m6"
set m6 "map mp/duel1 ; set nextmap vstr m7"
set m7 "map mp/duel4 ; set nextmap vstr m1"

vstr m1
//starts the server

//
//end of file

The above settings will allow enhanced melee fighting (g_debugmelee 1), enhanced saber damage (g_saberdamagescale 2) among other things. Change the settings to how you want them.

To issue commands, enter the password (to join your own server with a password, simply manually add your IP to your favorites list in-game, then highlight it and click on "password" at the bottom. Then enter your chosen rcon password in the box and hit okay. Now everytime you "join" your own game from the favorites list in game it will automatically put in your password.

Once in game, go to the console (shift+tilde, that's the ` key) and then type something like this:

\rcon status

That will list all the players in game with their ip's.

Some basic commands:

\rcon kick allbots (kicks all bots)
\rcon clientkick # (where # is the player number you wish to kick)
(note: typing "kick all" will kick everyone, including yourself.. not a good idea! Also if you type "quit" it will exit the game but keep the server running. Typing "exit" or "disco" will quit the server, so use with care.)

To ban somebody type:
\rcon addip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (put in the IP of the person you wish to ban from the status list). Then kick them using the clientkick command. Note that dynamic IP users can come back with a new one, but you can ban wider ranges by typing in something like this:

(let's say their IP is 111.222.333.444, you could ban 111.222.333 and that would cover all the IP's in that block (0-444). To ban even more IP's go up the next rung like so: 111.222 or even 111. But this gets more and more risky because it bans huge numbers of people who may be totally innocent and just use the same ISP as the person you banned. Most people aren't that determined so it's kinda pointless anyway)

To see what map you're on, type:

\rcon mapname

To jump to a map type:

\rcon map <mapname> (for example mp/ffa1 or mp/ctf2 etc).

(you can use devmap instead of map to load a map with cheats, note that EVERYONE can use cheats then. sometimes it doesn't work on the first try, but keep trying and it will eventually work)

\rcon g_gametype # (see the cfg file, this changes the gametype for the next map, choose the right one or it may be goofed up, though some maps work fine as FFA's)

As you can see, many of the commands in the cfg file you can simply type in the console (just remove the "seta" or "set" functions and you're set.

If you are typing commands into the "dedicated server" box or the "server console" and not the in-game console you don't need to type \rcon first so you could just type:

status

And that would show you status, instead of \rcon status.

Finally, visit the following link for help on disabling certain weapons or powers (remember you should try to balance it, if you disable just one power or something you may unbalance the game!).

http://www.jediservers.com/help.asp)

-------------------------------------

I'm moving this to the Dedicated Servers forum where you can read about a lot of stuff to help you...
Page: 1 of 1