Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What Are the VONG!? (EU NJO)

Page: 1 of 1
 HellFyre69
11-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Never read a single Book of NJO, but in the JK forums, we were talking about the Vongs. It seems like they are powerful, that makes a jedi power useless..

Who are they? And how come the force doesnt work with them?

thx.
 Lord Siraious
11-13-2003, 12:22 AM
Please highlight to enlighten yourself :)

The Vong are a species from another galaxy that are warrior like and have had the Fore stripped from them before they were expelled from their previous galaxy.
 wassup
11-13-2003, 1:08 AM
The Unofficial New Jedi Order Homepage (http://www.theforce.net/books/unjoh/) (HEAVY SPOILERS)
 HellFyre69
11-13-2003, 3:52 AM
That still does not answer my question?

how come the force or sabers dont work with them?
 Jan Gaarni
11-13-2003, 4:56 AM
Appearantly it does, but on a different level.

So I've heard from those who've read it. :)
 HellFyre69
11-13-2003, 6:55 AM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
Appearantly it does, but on a different level.

So I've heard from those who've read it. :)

Care to elaborate?

THX
 wassup
11-14-2003, 2:00 AM
The Force doesn't work on them because they were "stripped" or "removed" from the Force long ago in their home galaxy, before they invaded ours.

Lightsabers DO work on them, its just that the warriors wear a tough armor called vonduun crab armor that can partially deflect a lightsaber blow, thus making it harder to pierce/cut through with a lightsaber. Their weak spots (where the armor doesn't cover the body as much) are the armpits, neck, and legs.
 swphreak
11-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by wassup
The Force doesn't work on them because they were "stripped" or "removed" from the Force long ago in their home galaxy, before they invaded ours.

Is that a spoiler from TUF? Cuz I don't remember that in the other books... and I'm just now starting TUF.

And the Force does work on them, but like Jan said, at a different level. Jacen used the force to control a pit of the "baby" amphistaffs. Anakin could sense Yuuzan Vong. Tahiri is part Yuuzhan Vong.
 Lord Siraious
11-14-2003, 11:42 AM
Yes its a spoiler hence why I put my response in the spoiler tags.
 swphreak
11-14-2003, 2:03 PM
Yes, well I meant wassup. I didn't read your spoiler.
 wassup
11-18-2003, 2:11 AM
I fixed it but am deeply sorry if I ruined anything for you (or anyone else). :(
Page: 1 of 1