Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Please help meeeee!

Page: 1 of 1
 NeXaR_QroN
11-11-2003, 3:03 PM
Help!!!
I finally finished a beta version of my map, and when I was compiling it, the VIS process said "error: MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY". What exactly mean this? I'm going to crash my pc!!! why don't he said this the previous times I compiled the map? I didn't have modified the map size from the last time, only added some decoration, etc...

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
 WadeV1589
11-11-2003, 3:15 PM
The decoration you added, select it then hit Ctrl-D to make it detail, max_max_visibility is when your map has too many leafs/portals/nodes whatever you want to call them...all that matters is making non-hull brushes detail will cut the vis data down (which also speeds up compile).

Read the tutorial here: http://www.nibsworld.com/rtcw/tutorial_detail_and_hint_brushes_part1.shtml)

And can we please try and keep topic titles more relevant than "Please help me" :p
 NeXaR_QroN
11-11-2003, 3:19 PM
Sorry about the irrelevant topic title :D

By the way, how can i make them detail brushes IF THEY ARE NO BRUSHES? All that I added were misc_model_static entities (models from the game).

Anyway, I heard that when you turn a brush into detail, it becomes "inmaterial" so you can "enter" it. Is that true?
 WadeV1589
11-11-2003, 4:44 PM
Whoever told you that was a detailphobe! Detailing is essential for any good map. You can't make misc_model(_static) detail as it doesn't affect vis so it's odd that adding a few of those gave you it. Nevertheless the way to remedy it is to detail your level the way that tutorial says. Vis is far more important than a lot of people realise for smooth gameplay at the maximum possible FPS.
 NeXaR_QroN
11-11-2003, 5:22 PM
Many thanks. Your help is much appreciated. I will remember your help when making the readme, acknowledgements and all this stuff... so, as you now can suppose, I used no detail brushes in the whole map, and it is very big...
 GothiX
11-11-2003, 5:33 PM
Heh, compile times will also be reduced, so yeah.

(Nice link, WadeVnumbers. :P)
 WadeV1589
11-11-2003, 6:37 PM
What you think I needed the tutorial? :p

I've noticed you never type numers in anyones name...why is that? I know it's off topic but the topic is answered now and I need to know!
 GothiX
11-12-2003, 6:36 AM
I type numbers. From time to time. But not when I don't feel like looking.. I think numbers in a name are pointless. (Yes, I know I have a Roman 10 in my name.)
 WadeV1589
11-12-2003, 11:38 AM
They have a meaning in my name thank you :p I never just use random numbers, in fact bar "666" in my old AIM account I've never used any other numbers.
Page: 1 of 1