Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Monkey 5 in cell-shading!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Zu 27
11-10-2003, 7:20 AM
Not a rumor.. but a cool idea though!
 ptdc
11-10-2003, 1:18 PM
One that people have suggested before. I can't say that I'm keen on it but then I can't say I'm keen on the idea of a fifth installment of the series.
 Governor Phatt
11-10-2003, 5:02 PM
Argh god no! not that damn cel shading again, it already ruined the Zelda series i dont want it to happen to MI too...

i mean i like the syle and it looks really cool, but at the same time its a bit too cartoony to keep (or after the failure of EMI's attempt) the atmosphere.

Maybe if they did it in cel shading but went back to 2D or something itd be ok, but id prefer it not to at all. In fact i want the CMI style back, it has the perfect mixture of cartooney and atmospheric....

then again if it was up to me i'd have them make it like a high res version of MI2 style :D
 Lagomorph01
11-11-2003, 5:46 AM
The Zelda series did look better in full 3D...
But I wouldn't say it ruined them...
Also I think they should just make it Monkey 3 style again, maybe higher resolution and even better animated characters. But Ron Gilbert or Tim Shafer (or both:D)should defenitly be working on the next Mi. Because without one of them a fifth game is doomed...
 Jedi-Monkey
11-11-2003, 4:14 PM
The CMI graphics were my favourite, except that Guybrush was way too tall. In the other games he's about average height. LeChuck should be bigger than him.
 Joshi
11-11-2003, 7:41 PM
Well now there's a difference, Zelda tried to make cel shading loo cool and failed miserably. If they did it Futurama style,. then it would be cool.
 Darth Darthy
11-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Right... so it should be in the style of Futurama without the cell shading...?
 Darth Darthy
11-16-2003, 10:36 PM
 Darth Darthy
11-16-2003, 10:37 PM
 Darth Darthy
 Darth Darthy
 Darth Darthy
 Darth Darthy
 Mr.Burger
11-23-2003, 7:09 AM
the smartest artist i've ever known

ya he's the goddamn smartest

i dont' think i'll ever meet a smarter one actually...

a pity.

no not a pity. a privelege.

the smartest artist i'll ever know agrees with me that cel-shading is SWEET. Runaway - A Road Adventure is in cel-shading... and it looks very good. Jet Set Radio Future had cel-shading and it is sweet also. actually reading people who say it's stupid make me think they're just dumb and that their perspectives in this debate are more or less invalid.
 Ernil
11-23-2003, 6:04 PM
reading people who say it's stupid make me think they're just dumb and that their perspectives in this debate are more or less invalid.

That's new for you.;)
Page: 1 of 1