Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Func_static

Page: 1 of 1
 Druid Bremen
11-10-2003, 4:28 AM
Ok, I got a problem here. I want a func_static that materializes every few seconds. Eg. Func_static disappears for a few seconds, then reappears. How do I do this? Is the key Delay or Wait?
 WadeV1589
11-10-2003, 11:19 AM
Right...

You'll need 1 trigger_multiple, 1 target_delay, 1 target_relay and change the func_static to a func_wall - this is how to do it without any scripting whatsoever.

Target the trigger_multiple to the target_delay.
Target the target_delay to the target_relay and to the func_wall.
Target the target_relay to the target delay.

Set the target_delay to have a wait value of however long you want it to switch on/off.

Set the trigger_multiple to have a wait value of -1 and place it either covering your entire map (so it will be triggered when the map starts and someone enters) or by placing it where a person will spawn every time (works fine for SP).

trigger_multiple---->----target_delay---->----func_wall
/|\
|
\|/
target_relay

As you can see the target_delay will switch the func_wall but will also call the target_relay which will simply re-activate the target_delay so it toggles again and this loop will go on forever.

What you can do is simplify it all (if you know scripting) by running a script when the map starts which loops and toggles the func_wall indefinately but I always post entities first as it's there now and requires no extra programs.
 Druid Bremen
11-11-2003, 2:11 AM
Thanks a lot man! :p
 RalKon
11-11-2003, 5:52 PM
:eyeraise: :eek:

OMG Wade..... LOL... thats a lot of stuff to do..

tell me, does mapping haunt you in your sleep. It must to come up with advanced solutions like that. LOL
 WadeV1589
11-11-2003, 6:30 PM
It's not an advanced solution, just I've been mapping so long when someone asks a question like it I just splurt out the answer. Same is true for a lot of people here, just some can't be bothered to post solutions :p

If you want a real entity feat check out my goa'uld transport rings for my maps in Elite Force, especially in SGPyramid. Elite Force has no MP scripting abilities so I had to make the rings purely out of entities. I got a few mouth drops from people from that, not to mention the dialing gate :)
 RalKon
11-11-2003, 10:33 PM
I will have to take your word for it as I dont have Elite Force. Reading many of your past posts, and the fact that you have helped me out many times, I have no doubt that you probably give people whip lash from time to time with the ideas you come up with. LOL
Page: 1 of 1