Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Submission: Improved Bot Waypoints

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
11-09-2003, 8:36 AM
I've just finished creating new botrouting for duel3 and am working on other maps as well.

The duel3 botrouting is on the repository if you want to check it out.

I redid the botrouting from scratch but the most obvious addition is that they bots can now use the two elevators and walk around on the top platform level.
 razorace
11-10-2003, 9:42 AM
Ok, just got the mp/ffa5 (Taspir) ffa map up-to-speed with improved botrouting. I'm not 100% happy with it thou. The bots seem to avoid some areas even thou they can technically get thru them.

But compared to the default botrouting, it's already much, much better. Bots can now navigate the whole map and don't get stuck.

The file is on the repository.
 Samuel Dravis
11-10-2003, 3:47 PM
Are you going to make improved botroutes for all the maps? Because I saw a post about new botroutes for JA, and someone that posted on it might be willing to help...

EDIT: here's the thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114190)...
 razorace
11-10-2003, 8:31 PM
I'm hoping to get improved botrouting for all the default maps.

I've talked to the dude at Raven and he stated that it's unlikely that we'll ever get improved botrouting for the original JKA maps.

On the other hand, he did imply that new maps were in the works.

And I'll go post about it in that thread.
 Azymn
11-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Improved Bot Routes: very useful, very OJP. Good call Ace.
 Kurgan
11-12-2003, 4:30 AM
Excellent. I hope you decide to release the waypoint files as a seperate file from the rest so that they can by used by themselves (a person could always extract them and use them that way, but it would be more convenient).

The waypoints in JKA proper are simply unacceptable.

The 1.01 patch doesn't touch them and Raven (Mike) says that they have no intentions to change them since that would entail gameplay changes.

Good luck!
 razorace
11-12-2003, 4:52 AM
Sorry, Kurgan, I'm not going to release the botpoint files seperately. Submitting stuff is too time consuming as is.

However, if jk.net/lucasfiles.com actually say, POSTED THE MOD IN A TIMELY MATTER, I might reconsider.

Anyway, we just released a Basic version that includes the map routing that I've finished. You can find it at www.pcgamemods.com)
 Samuel Dravis
11-12-2003, 8:13 PM
There's some other people working on bot routes in the JA forum. I asked if they would allow us to use it in OJP, but no response yet...
 razorace
11-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Great. :)

Oh yeah, duel8 has been redone.
 razorace
11-18-2003, 9:54 AM
duel 6 is done.
 Kurgan
11-19-2003, 9:48 AM
Well the untimeliness of postings on LucasFiles was due mainly to lack of staff (poor Visac!), now that we have a bunch of people working on it, things should get posted much faster than before.

PS: OJP just got posted on LucasFiles, but it's not the most current version. If you already submitted the latest one, I apologize, I haven't had a chance to login and check the submissions lately, but I plan to soon. As I said, there's more than one person working on it, so suffice to say somebody will get too it soon enough!

RA, I sent you a PM about it too.
 razorace
11-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Well, frankly the previous lack of staff is jk.net's own fault. I offered to do it months ago but was shot down because I'm on a dail up. And this was during the 6 month period where they posted NOTHING.

Anyway, I'll start submitting the lastest files immediately.
 Kurgan
11-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Well live and learn I guess...
Page: 1 of 1