Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Extracting cutscenes...

Page: 1 of 1
 P_40E
11-09-2003, 5:15 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if there is a way to extract the cutscenes from the game. If discussion like this is against forum rules, then please lock/delete this message.
 MeddlingMonk
11-09-2003, 7:05 AM
There's no way to do it.
 Belenus
11-09-2003, 9:52 PM
There actually is a way to capture the cutscenes! Go to www.fraps.com) and download the program. It lets you take screenshots in game and record in-game footage! You need to have at least a 1 gig processor though. Awesome, huh?

Drew
 MeddlingMonk
11-10-2003, 3:48 AM
Capturing isn't the same as extracting. Very different beasts.
 Belenus
11-10-2003, 5:08 PM
Well, it is the next best thing to extracting.

Drew
 P_40E
11-10-2003, 8:23 PM
Originally posted by Belenus
Well, it is the next best thing to extracting.

Drew

True. I've been using fraps in Halo for some time now. However, the free version of fraps doesn't support sound. Sound is, IMO, one of the most important parts of Grim Fandango, and it wouldn't be the same without it. Well, I'm getting some money sometime this month, so I guess I'll pay for it.
 MeddlingMonk
11-13-2003, 6:18 AM
You could try CamStudio. It's free and you can record sound. Although (and this might be something I'm doing wrong) I've found that after a while sound and video can get out of sync.
 Sallim
11-13-2003, 7:30 AM
You can extract cutscene with Scummrev 2 /3
But you cannot use the files, yet.
Page: 1 of 1