Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JO->JA Conversions

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthCobra
11-08-2003, 5:11 AM
Well I know ppl are doing this ... But I havent seen it in any threads.

Anywho I was hoping for a port of the duel_valley.map that was released with one of the tool kits or patches of jk2. Ive been tinkering with it in radient with little luck. In JA only one texture from the floor will show. And i added an fxrunner for the force fountian effect from jk2.. was like effects/env/pool I had little trouble doing this for jk2 but having no luck in ja.

Any suggestions?
 _PerfectAgent_
11-08-2003, 5:26 PM
The fx_runner effects are different than in Jedi Outcast, you'll have to use new fx files that come with Jedi Academy or import the fx files needed into your pk3.

As for the textures, they removed a bunch of textures that were in Jedi Outcast, so you'll need to include those in your pk3 as well.
 Emon
11-08-2003, 7:54 PM
Not all are different.
 DarthCobra
11-09-2003, 7:08 AM
Ive already loaded all the textures an effects files from jo in a pk3 to port it .. still same problem..
 RalKon
11-12-2003, 3:53 PM
I am not sure if this will help or not, but you might using the latest edition of GTKradiant 1.3.13....

If that doesnt work, save the textures to your own custom folder and add the textures manually. Same thing goes with the effects. I converted one of my JO maps to JA, and its not all fun and games. there are a lot of little querks that you may run into. It also seems that shaders dont seem to work the same either.

(this is just from personal experience and I think it has something to do with the release of radiant) The reason why I say this: I compiled a map using the old JK2Radiant, my custom lava looked perfect. As soon as I compiled it with radiant 1.3.12, they were dull and had lost most of the effect they were supposed to have. This may have been corrected in the latest release of radiant for JA tho.
 GothiX
11-12-2003, 6:48 PM
Play an unpure server.
 RalKon
11-12-2003, 9:47 PM
:eyeraise::eyeraise::eyeraise:

hardly a solution if your making a map for other servers to run. They are not all unpure
 Lil Killa
11-13-2003, 2:19 AM
Ralkon if the files the guy needs are not in a pk3 then he will need to type /sv_pure 0 in before he starts playing (or make an unpure server which is the same thing none the less) Once that is done he can load up the map and IF and only IF he has all the textures in the right directories he can then see everything where it is supposed to be.

In the end all you need are the texture, shaderfiles, fxfiles, sounds, and music, and arena files (and anything else i forgot) to bring a jk2 map over to JA.
 RalKon
11-13-2003, 3:19 PM
I understand what an unpure server is and the use of set sv_pure 0 ;)

and maybe I read the original question wrong, but it appears that he was trying to convert a map from JO to JA to be released publicly. if he doesnt have all the files in the PK3 when he releases it, not everyone is gonna have an unpure server and not everyone is gonna have the missing files. I guess I fail to see how an unpure server is the solution.... Maybe is just my week for missing the link in the chain, sorry if I am being a pain
 GothiX
11-13-2003, 3:58 PM
For testing purposes, it's often best not to have them in a pk3.
 RalKon
11-13-2003, 4:33 PM
Ah, I see what your saying.... I was thinking you were talking about for the final released file.... LMAO!! sorry
Page: 1 of 1