Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

OJP website

Page: 1 of 1
 Samuel Dravis
11-08-2003, 2:58 AM
When are we going to work on that? I PM'd Emon but he hasn't answered yet.

Post what you'd want the site to look like, and I'll start working on it.
 Emon
11-08-2003, 3:32 AM
Heh, sorry. I now remember getting the PM, but Firebird's popup blocker didn't let the window open all the way (so I have to do it myself after the notice), and then I forget, heh. :)

I'm going to rework the navigation bar tomorrow, a lot of the items are outdated, and probably add a news script.
 Samuel Dravis
11-08-2003, 3:47 AM
Is there any way I can help you with it? Just ask.
 Emon
11-08-2003, 7:55 PM
Probably, I'll let you know.
 razorace
11-18-2003, 8:05 PM
Ok, I talked to Emon and he's installing a new script so we can at least use the site.
 Samuel Dravis
11-19-2003, 12:21 AM
Great. :) Please post when it goes up.
 Samuel Dravis
12-08-2003, 2:26 AM
OK. I'm going to be fooling around with the site in the next few days, so if you want a backup copy, get it now (I have a backup myself, so it's not necessary).
 razorace
12-08-2003, 2:35 AM
Emon already has a copy. Work away.
 Samuel Dravis
12-08-2003, 6:27 PM
I have a question - do we have to keep that ad at the top of the page? Can I move it or just get rid of it entirely?
 razorace
12-09-2003, 12:11 AM
I don't think so. You're going to have to ask Emon.
 razorace
12-09-2003, 2:56 AM
Ok well, I'm in the process up adding in a bunch of crap so things will probably go out of date soon.
 razorace
12-09-2003, 4:00 AM
We're using FusionNews at the moment. I'll login, set up an account for you and then give you the login information.

As for distros, I suggest you just linke them. I think jk.net wants us to not store files locally.

Contributors emails are not for the public unless they ok it. The contact information for them and the moderaters is either in the readme or the OJP_contact.txt that's on the repository.
 Samuel Dravis
12-09-2003, 4:01 AM
OK. I just PM'ed him. Tonight I am going to look over the respository for stuff to put on the site.

EDIT: I have now updated:

Readme page (partially, stopped at 0004)

About page (finished)

Nav page (few mods to it, forum link now points here, readme now selectable)

Distributions page. Now show some of the distros in a table. (QUESTION: where am I supposed to put the OJP files? /anon_ftp?

Join page. (finished)

Contact list page. Filled out some (Razorace and I), but I need other contributors who want to be on its e-mails/AIM names.

Changed the links where they no longer change to bold text on mouse hover. They also have underlines (they were not easy to spot before; if navigation isn't intuitive, people won't like it).

Question: How would I be able to post news? I don't really need to, but it would be nice to have...
 Samuel Dravis
12-09-2003, 4:06 AM
Eh? What's this? Razorace answered before I posted my questions!?! That's just scary. You need to stop.

As I said, If they want to be on the contact page. I wasn't intending to put anything on there without permission (I imagine they'd get mad :evil6: ).

Ok, I'll just link the files.
 razorace
12-09-2003, 4:15 AM
You seem to be online right now. You got an IM service? PM your information and I'll contact you directly.

Plus, please PM me what you want your username and email address to be. I'll give you a generic password for starters and you can change it to whatever you want.
 razorace
12-09-2003, 4:18 AM
Also, any contact information that's in the readme has already been authorized for public use. If you happen to talk to some people and get more permission, by all means add it to the readme.
 razorace
12-09-2003, 4:20 AM
And there's plenty of screenshots on the repository in the screenshots folder if you want to post them as well.
 Samuel Dravis
12-10-2003, 6:19 PM
I've decided to not format the Readme page on the site. It requires waay too much effort, especially if it's going to be changed every week or so.

So I am going to just provide links to it and the other text files in the OJP distro on that page instead.
 razorace
12-10-2003, 6:49 PM
fair enough. In the long term, Emon had an idea to have the website use a script to grab the lastest copies of the material off the repository on daily basis...or something. :)
 Samuel Dravis
12-19-2003, 10:54 PM
I just did a fairly large update to the site but jediknight.net is down right now. I'll upload it as soon as possible.
 Samuel Dravis
12-21-2003, 2:23 AM
Hehe, I accidentally broke fusionnews. I'll fix it when I can upload the rest of the updates to the site (tomorrow).
 razorace
12-21-2003, 3:56 AM
How did you break it?
 Samuel Dravis
12-21-2003, 4:04 AM
Being stupid. Guess I had better not touch anything that's already working... :D Oh well. I'll have it fixed by tomorrow, so there's nothing to worry about. I just wanted to let you guys know so you don't get angry and start going after your computer with a hammer. ;)
 Marker0077
12-21-2003, 6:45 AM
Sam, I need to chat with you about something related to this but I don't want it public. You have any other IM other than AIM? My contact info is in my sig. E-Mail would work as well but plz don't PM me via these forums. I hate PMs.
 Samuel Dravis
12-21-2003, 1:37 PM
Ok; I've just sent an e-mail to your Hotmail account.
 Kurgan
12-22-2003, 10:08 PM
JK.net & lucasfiles.com are back (though my JK.net FTP is having a heck of a time trying to upload a simple 500K file... maybe it's not stabilized yet after all)...
 Samuel Dravis
12-27-2003, 9:06 PM
I finally got some of my updates uploaded. I removed a lot of redundant/irrelavent menu items, and fixed up a few other things. Next I'm going to put Razor's tutorials up.
 razorace
12-28-2003, 4:58 AM
Looking good, Samuel Dravis. Any idea when it will be ready for the public?
 Samuel Dravis
12-28-2003, 4:10 PM
Probably the very latest is the end of January. I'm going to be busy, and I'm probably going to need some extra time to finish it. It will most likely be finished before, but I'd rather not make promises I can't keep.

It would be fun to make site have 'skins' - different background colors, etc based on the user - but that's not possible with Emon's setup. Any other ideas on making the site more spiffy? :)
 razorace
12-28-2003, 7:21 PM
Well, I don't want to sound ungrateful but I'd perfer it if you just focused on getting the website ready for public viewing.

We need a functional website to really be able to pimp the mod.
 Samuel Dravis
12-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I was going to fill it all in before I tried anything new with it. It's almost ready to pimp, so don't worry. :D
I just wanted some ideas on what to do after it's all finished. Something to kick around...
 razorace
12-29-2003, 2:24 AM
Well, some sort of script that automatically updates files from the repository on a daily basis would be awesome.
 Samuel Dravis
01-01-2004, 2:33 PM
Well, some sort of script that automatically updates files from the repository on a daily basis would be awesome.

OK, that might be possible, but who are we (mostly) trying to target with the site? Normal users or modders? Unless you have the newest releases on the repository in a zip, there's not going to be much point in a script. We can just give out a guest pass to the repository on the site so modders that want to have a look can, without destroying anything. Casual users can just download it off of our site if JK.net lets us host it there (see below).

Also, I had mentioned on another thread that JK.net appparently did not want us to host the main OJP files locally on the site and Kurgan was surprised by it. I can e-mail someone on the staff to see if we can just upload the files there. What could be the most useful result of that is that we could make a autoupdate program for OJP (and possibly other files that we would like to have availible to the user, such as updated readmes, etc).
 razorace
01-01-2004, 7:53 PM
Well, yeah, that's basically what I meant. I don't want to create a situation where the webmaster is swamped with constantly updating documents.

As for the source files, it would be nice to have a daily update script because most users are simply too lazy (or don't want to deal with the hassle) to access the repository.
 Samuel Dravis
01-07-2004, 4:29 AM
OK, thanks for the suggestions Razor. I've come across a problem with the site design - it doesn't scale to the browser's window size. This causes problems when people try viewing it with their resolution set to less than 1024x768. I don't think there is many gamers with such a setting enabled, but tell me what you think about it.

Also, can someone please send me a copy of their FusionNews directory backup - I cannot seem to find mine anymore. :( If you need my e-mail PM me. Thanks!
 razorace
01-07-2004, 6:55 PM
Uh, both me and Emon have copies. Just PM us with your email and the directories you need.
 Samuel Dravis
01-14-2004, 5:17 AM
No response from Emon...do you know if he has a filter on his e-mail?
 Samuel Dravis
01-21-2004, 8:04 PM
Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while, but here's a nice concept for when we get rid of the old design. I really hate too many images, so there's not many of them in it. ;) Suggestions?

http://home.ddc.net/btoups/website.jpg)

BTW, I am still working on the old site stuff, and should have it finished by the end of the month as promised.
 Emon
01-24-2004, 6:03 PM
What? Uh, FuseMail has some SPAM guard on, it shouldn't affect you. What's the e-mail you're sending from? And what exactly is the address you are sending to?
 Samuel Dravis
01-24-2004, 7:17 PM
I sent it to olenikm(at)SoftHome.net. I had tried to PM you first, but your box is full.
:rolleyes:
 Emon
01-24-2004, 7:50 PM
Try olenikm@fusemail.com. I don't know why SoftHome isn't working for you, my FuseMail account picks up my SoftHome mail (I verified this and it works), but SoftHome is probably just being the sucky service that it is.
 Samuel Dravis
01-28-2004, 4:26 AM
OK, I got some updates to the site and a fresh copy of FusionNews on my computer (keepin' my promises, heh), all ready to upload and...

:firemad: (*%#@ THE SITE IS DOWN!@!$ AARRGH!@*! :firemad:

Ok, I seem to be finding the site down quite often...perhaps we should look for a different host. If it's going to be down continuously, no one's going to be able to see the thing. Which would definitely hurt pimping purposes. ;) Any ideas?
 razorace
01-28-2004, 10:50 PM
jk3files.com is pretty good about hosting. I used them for the MotF website.

Do whatever you want for hosting. The primarily reason why I don't handle the website duty myself is because I hate dealing with it. :)
Page: 1 of 1