Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

more OT DVD release date rumors

Page: 1 of 1
 Sivy
11-07-2003, 1:55 PM
looking on the www.theforce.net) i came across this bit of news that again speaks of a 2004 OT dvd release. it also mentions that ideas for two TV shows are being considered.

In a report at AICN, it was unofficially confirmed on Wednesday that the Star Wars trilogy would be released on DVD next year. Here's an excerpt:
This week, The Clone Wars, then the original Star Wars trilogy is being released September 2004 ...
One little fun fact - seems that they have TWO Star Wars television ideas floating around the ranch...one would be animation and the other - LIVE ACTION. These television projects would be in 2006. Let's hope they're better than the Star Wars Christmas Special, or those Ewok films .

and another bit of news that may, or may not, back this up...

Nightwish informs us that Fox has decided to discontinue the Episode I & II DVDs, in preparation for the release of the Classic trilogy on DVD towards the end of 2004. The Episode II DVD has only been out for a year and the odd decision means that there will be limited stock in stores as the holidays approach.
 JediNyt
11-07-2003, 4:17 PM
I recently read it would be September 2004, and Ep3 dvd would be November 2005. Sounds plausable but dont get your hopes up. Nothing is official until Lucasfilm give the word.
 amadeus
11-08-2003, 2:37 PM
I can't wait for OT on DVD. It's going to be awesome. With the release of Indiana Jones as well, and Clone Wars Cartoon on DVD, this is going to be an AWESOME three year period we're having at the moment.
 The Cheat
11-11-2003, 9:39 PM
i heard that han will shoot first in the dvd version, maybe they should have more then one version, i would probably buy every one
 Jedi Luke
12-02-2003, 8:22 AM
Well there probably is gonna be something special in the DVD release nonetheless. Otherwise the release of the OT wouldn't be this late.
 Sivy
12-03-2003, 9:26 AM
heres some more news about the OT dvds

Ender_Sai works for a major international music retailer and sent us this:
Just following up information to your stories about the Classic Trilogy on DVD; our upcoming releases bulletin lists Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi as being released by 20th Century Fox on November 4th, 2004. This information came to us via FOX themselves, so it's 99% reliable.
One other note, prices won't be known for sure until approximately 3 months before release. And as of today they're listed as separate releases; there's no Star Wars trilogy box set listed though it will be released, presumably. I thought it was interesting as Indy isn't available separately

so its possible that they may keep the same format as the prequels, each with 2 discs and with the same style cover
http://plaza11.mbn.or.jp/~yodayodayoda/Resources/ep2dvd-w.jpg)

maybe a boxset wont be available until all 6 films have been released.
 Taos
12-03-2003, 1:47 PM
They should just release them now damn it!! :mad:

Hrm, sorry - I will be patiently waiting for their release on to dvd. :)
 bentwookie77
12-03-2003, 7:04 PM
It has also been rumed that there would be some changes done to the original trilogy bfore being put on to DVD. Such as making hayden christian look all old, and then cuting him in to Return of the Jedi when luke takes of Vaders mask, there are also some other things being done. But what are everyones feelings on this. Should the trilogy remain untouched or are these changes good for continuity within the entire series
 bentwookie77
12-03-2003, 9:31 PM
This is the link i found with some of the proposed changes

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=22710)
 Jedi Luke
12-08-2003, 2:25 AM
Thanks Bentwookie.
 Sivy
12-08-2003, 7:31 AM
yes, i'm not sure about that rumour because in a recent interview with george lucas he said he wasn't going to make anymore changes to OT.
so i'll have to wait and see.
 Jedi Luke
12-12-2003, 4:32 AM
I don't think that more than 3 quarters of these rumours will be used in the DVD release. I don't reckon anything much will be changed at all. One of the problems in doing these things is that Lucasfilms don't want to make this into a whole new movie.
 Jamo
12-12-2003, 11:35 AM
Well i read in 2002 that they were going to be released this year.....danm i hate delays.
 Jedi Luke
12-16-2003, 7:28 AM
Yeah, I hate delays too. Especially when It's a game you really wanna purchase, such as Kotor for PC.
Page: 1 of 1