Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

hosting an internet game.

Page: 1 of 1
 knightstix
11-07-2003, 6:44 AM
does anybody know how to setup a multiplayer game so that it's on the internet without making a dedicated server. i've configured my router and all that crap, but when i create the game there's no option to make it LAN or INTERNET. and when i create it and look in the "ABOUT" in the escape menu during gameplay is says "LOCALHOST" in the address line. Someone help!!!
 Kurgan
11-07-2003, 5:02 PM
Actually I'm not sure about making a non-dedicated host that actually works. However, this is how I would attempt to do it:

First make sure you have the following ports "open":

29060-29099 (TCP & UDP protocol)

Start up JAMP.exe. In the console (shift tilde) type:

net_port 29070 (enter)
net_restart (enter)

Shut off the console. Then start up your multiplayer game as you normally would (make sure it's not set to dedicated).

Then see if anybody joins (again, due to the server browser bug you may have to post your server on jk3servers.com and give out your IP so people can test it).

Once in game, go to the console and type net_port to make sure its using the 29070 port.

That should be it, although you might experiment using different net ports (within the 29060-29099 range). I think (may be wrong here) 29070 is the default one needed to log into the main server list... at least for JA.
 knightstix
11-07-2003, 6:22 PM
thanx a lot, i'll try that
 filip
01-23-2009, 5:20 PM
Hay,i am to going to make server but how to be admin on my own server,i run jampded and run multyplayer create server
Page: 1 of 1