Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gerbil

Page: 1 of 1
 Skinkie
11-06-2003, 2:00 AM
Who banned him? Why? He was the heart and soul of this place, sad as that may sound. Ok so maybe he was a jerk to anyone new, but it was kinda like a hazing thing, if you didn't fight back, he'd play nice. The amount of posting going on this this place has dropped without his presence. It's depressing. Bring back the all mighty Pasta Master!!!!
 Alia
11-06-2003, 3:44 AM
He was the life of the place. True. But some people didn't understand his brand of wit, and the "Suicide Bomb" kind of nailed it. So, geez. I can see the sides of this.

- Filthy language directed at other users is unacceptable. The continual mutual provocation between him and the people who would drop in was annoying and unnecessary.

On the other hand,

- He kept this forum from complete death. No one else seemed to care about it much except for the sake of irking him. I thought he was really funny most of the time. And thus on.

I wouldn't mind if they decided to let him come back; however, I don't think they will.
 Ray Jones
11-06-2003, 6:01 AM
as i see it i tried not to "fight back" and as i see it too he didnt played nicer then.
but yes, if he wasnt all like "go away. you're not welcome here." he may have had his funny moments and i think it was funny though ..

i think it wouldnt be so hard to keep this forum from death if not so many users had been driven away just because they tried to try this forum.
it is possible that more users will come and try again when samNmax2 is on the road. (i just downloaded the trailer.. :D)
plus i think i will come here from time to time.. maybe i even post a topic.. or post a post without smilies so its waaaay to early to bury this forum. ;)
anyways i wouldnt mind SG back here again.
how errmm.. patethic

:p
 Zoom Rabbit
11-06-2003, 8:26 PM
I didn't have anything against Gerbil per se. :dozey: But when I (a *Star Wars type*) wouldn't go away...he pushed the behavior over the line. It was this sort of thing that got him banned.

We need another grim wiseass to fill his underwear shoes. I nominate Ray (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p5928b73d0afa3197fe4659c65e382233/fb1f1aa4.jpg).

:max: Why not? He can be abusive (http://www.carlospomares.com/Pics/home/Pumpkin%20Ass%20Crack.jpg) if you just give him a chance...
 RoyTordesLegend
11-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Skinkie, when Gerbil was moderator, he chose to edit my first ever post to say "If you keep talking, you stupid f*ck, any post you decide to write will be instantly deleted.". Because of this, I asked for him to be banned, he wasn't banned but was de-modded. Good enough I thought, let's give the guy a second chance. Then he repeated his foul mouthed hostile behaviour, so some of us decided to play him at his own game (but without the swearing)....he proved he could dish it out, but couldn't take it in return, and when we wouldn't just "f*ck off" like he asked us, he decided to go and give some abuse to the Admins who had de-modded him after his original outburst.

I wouldn't object to him coming back, as long as he realised he can't just tell virtual strangers to "f*ck off", just because he's decided they are a "dumb ass" based on their first post.
 RoyTordesLegend
11-07-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by RayJones

i think it wouldnt be so hard to keep this forum from death if not so many users had been driven away just because they tried to try this forum.

I'm doing my usual trick of posting two messages instead of one, 'cause I think this deserves a post all to itself.

This is very true.....think how many people have been driven away by Gerbil. Who's to say that given a chance they wouldn't have proved to be really good for the forum.

.....anyway, I thought Gerbil had already re-registered?
 Skinkie
11-07-2003, 1:22 PM
But when I (a *Star Wars type*) wouldn't go away...he pushed the behavior over the line.

I hang out in the Star Wars forums, and I'm accepted.

And on another note where's sheaday6 been? He's entertaining too.
 edlib
11-07-2003, 2:55 PM
I never had any desire to see him banned,.. just to maybe tone it down a little bit.

There's newbie hazing,.. then there's out-and-out abuse. As entertaining as he often was, it's my feeling that Gerbil frequently skirted that line... mainly because he continued to drag it out long after everyone else had given it up.

I hope he comes back, but with the understanding that the rest of us are unlikely to disappear anytime soon.
 Ernil
11-12-2003, 11:50 PM
I never exchanged civil words with the guy, but wouldn't mind it if he came back. Though he was cheap and dirty at it, he was a debater at heart. Which is fun.

By the way: What exactly did he say in his suicide post? I can't seem to access it.
 Skinkie
11-13-2003, 2:02 AM
Whoa, suicide post? What? I haven't heard of this, enlighten me.
 Alia
11-13-2003, 2:18 AM
He started a thread called "Suicide Bomb" in the feedback forums. I don't know what it said, presumably some very nasty things. (Understatement? perhaps.) It got edited, he got banned.
 Ray Jones
11-13-2003, 5:37 AM
oh.. i read it..

:D:D

it was something like

hey matt you can bleep my bleep!!

blahblah
give me what i deserve blahblah bleep

bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep

yeah.

oh and bleep yoda!

the usual stuff you know.. :p

oh.. and .. wasnt sheaday a puppet of gerbil?? ;)
 Skinkie
11-13-2003, 6:58 PM
No he was my partner in crime for invading other forums.
 sheaday6
11-13-2003, 10:50 PM
im still here
 Ray Jones
11-14-2003, 7:53 AM
heyho..

:p
 Zoom Rabbit
11-14-2003, 8:39 PM
Yay! The forum isn't dead (http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2002/02-12-inside-saddam.jpg) after all...

Skunkie: Aw, you can join me and Ray if you want. :D We do remarkably the same thing (http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/gifimages/duct_tape_man.jpg).

:max: Hallelujahgobble!
 Skinkie
11-15-2003, 3:48 AM
I have to admit, I just don't understand those photos. Very confusing.
 Zoom Rabbit
11-15-2003, 4:05 AM
It is a bit abstract, I'll grant you. It's all explained here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110818).

Say, who brought whiskey? :max:
 Skinkie
11-15-2003, 4:27 AM
That clears it up a bit. Still the meaning of the guy in the aluminum suit eludes me, but whatever.
 Zoom Rabbit
11-15-2003, 8:12 AM
Well, that's what the whiskey is for! :dozey: Whenever me and the boys (http://www.jimhancock.com/images/jpeg/friends/idiots.jpg) break out the Kentucky sour mash, before the end of the night some damn fool (http://www.impressionmanagement.com/images/bush.jpg) winds of creeping around the bushes outside of the police station wearing nothing but duct tape...

Must I connect (http://money.cnn.com/2002/10/31/news/companies/martha_stewart/martha_stewart_points.ap.03.jpg) the dots for you? ;)
 Ray Jones
11-15-2003, 9:42 PM
Originally posted by Skinkie
I have to admit, I just don't understand those photos. Very confusing.

did you ever notice the slooow loading speed of his picting links??

actually zoom has contract with your isp and maybe those sites where this pictures are stored... means.. you pay more for longer online times .. and add up the clicked account for those sites..

ahh.. a new complete confusing post from zoom .. oh.. some of his weird link thingies!! .. .. *clickety*

strange, isnt it?

:D
 Skinkie
11-16-2003, 3:50 AM
I think the only contract he has is with Satan! BAH!
 Ray Jones
11-16-2003, 9:54 AM
hehe. that would be very stupid from satan. everyone knows that it can it can be a big mistake to make contracts with zoom. people have lost their sanity because of that .. :D everyone knows that. except for some isp's and website peoples.

they're soooo lost.

:D:D
 Zoom Rabbit
11-17-2003, 7:31 AM
Contracts? I'm a free agent, yo! :max:
 Kylilin
11-18-2003, 4:18 AM
You should ask Pink Monkey about contracts made with Zoom...if he still exists...
 Zoom Rabbit
11-18-2003, 8:11 AM
*(Abruptly kills Kylilin to keep him quiet.)*

:)
 Ray Jones
07-26-2006, 2:01 PM
I think it is time for Pink Monkey to appear and give some explanations. I mean after all..
 Samnmax221
07-26-2006, 2:10 PM
Ray if you don't cut it out, you're gonna go in the Grater Closet!
 itchythesamurai
07-26-2006, 5:53 PM
I agree, Ray would make a mighty fine cheese. But I think I appreciate him more as a person right now.
Page: 1 of 1