Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What is the benefit of submitting a vehicle to OJP

Page: 1 of 1
 Manquesa
11-05-2003, 11:22 PM
What does it mean if I were to submit my vehicle, the Sith Terminator (http://www.pcgamemods.com/2842) , to the OJP? What would you do with it? I'm not quite understanding what's different about you guys having or people just being able to download from any mod download site.
 Marker0077
11-06-2003, 12:43 AM
This is a place for developers to share with other developers. If you submit your vehicle here it might end up in a new map or something like that.

The problem with most sites is there is so much stuff there, you have to search through everything to find the good stuff. Most people don't want to take that kind of time to do that because it's boring. OJP helps you promote your work a bit & it's also nice to be apart of an organization of developers who are not selfish pricks & are willing to share with one another.
 razorace
11-09-2003, 7:07 AM
Sorry. I missed this thread earlier.

Anyway, Marker is correct. The main benefit is that the vehicle pack provides a common platform of additional vehicles for mappers to use. This makes does several things including cutting down on map download sizes and making it easier for mappers to including non-basejka vehicles. This makes it much more likely that your vehicle will be included in maps.
 Emon
11-10-2003, 4:41 AM
I still have one beef with the vehicle pack. As a mapper, I have no reason to use it unless I've using a lot of custom vehicles. It means I have to rely on people to go download OJP (is the vehicle pack seperate or part of Basic?), as opposed to me just putting it in myself, which garuntees everyone will have it.

The only way it'll really work is if OJP actually does get widely accepted as an "unofficial patch"... I hope it does.
 razorace
11-10-2003, 5:35 AM
ppiissstt...Downtalking the pack in an possible submission thread isn't going to win us more community support.

Anyway, there's nothing to stop people from getting the models on their own or just including the vehicle pack in with their map. The whole concept is just for mapper convenence.
Page: 1 of 1