Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Quinlan Vos???

Page: 2 of 2
 CaladienJedi
11-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Aaron, i know this has nothing to do with Quinlan Vos but.. do you think you can put the agent smith in doing ingame?

If your interested, email me at caladien@msn.com Also.. my aim is RougeDevil87 . Thanks!
 Aaron Smith
11-19-2003, 3:42 AM
ok, the model is basicaly done. I have added the ever so requested robe as well as hooded and nonhooded versions. I need to throw together some team skins and figure out why I can't get the sounds working ingame. I've got all the sound paths set correctly and every thing looks like it should work, but the only thing thats working is the death sound. As soon as I get this straitend out I'll send it out. Shouldn't be but a few more days.
 RJW_ca
11-19-2003, 9:20 AM
HEY Aaron lets go on MSN tonight and I'll run with you on what might be the problem
--I think it might be the sound.CFG file that you had in the model It should only say:

quinlan_vos
m

nothing else but you had something like below which would work in JO but not full sounds for JA

chars/quilan_vos/misc

but we can chat on MSN tonight and we can both figure it out just e-mail me (my hotmail should be working)and tell me what time we can meet on.

RJW_ca "OUT"

RJW_ca@hotmail.com
 Prime
11-19-2003, 3:05 PM
Originally posted by Aaron Smith
Shouldn't be but a few more days. Excellent! :)
 Miko Reglia
11-19-2003, 11:01 PM
I've got all the sound paths set correctly and every thing looks like it should work, but the only thing thats working is the death sound.

dude rjw, he said that he had everything set correct, and i saw it and the file path is correct and everything, so its a really weird situation...
 RJW_ca
11-19-2003, 11:34 PM
Yes but on the model that I received from Aaron the sounds are in it and every sound is working fine!!!

RJW_ca "OUT"

RJW_ca@rogers.com
 Miko Reglia
11-20-2003, 3:54 AM
ok good!:)
 Aaron Smith
11-20-2003, 5:21 AM
I've tried setting the sound.cfg both ways and I still can't get them to work. I'm really at a loss as to what the problem could be. RJW I'll be on msn at about 10:30/ 10:45 thursday so if you want to put our heads together on this contact me then.
 CaladienJedi
11-20-2003, 10:03 AM
Usually when i make custom sounds for a skin im doing, i dont even include a sound cfg... and it works fine.
 RJW_ca
11-20-2003, 8:10 PM
That is true you don't really need the sound.cfg
--yes it will work alright in mp but I'm not too sure if you need the sound.cfg for Sp so when I recieved Quinlan_Vos from Aaron I left it in because this model also has single player sounds included
--I hope people like this and it gets a good rating--

I'll look for you online
--but the sounds seem to work fine on my computer
--unless maybe it's because I recorded the sounds with my EAX on to give Quinlan_Vos a more stronger feel to him.
Maybe you need an EAX compatible sound card to here the sounds properly or the system used to play MP3 on Aaron's computer may not be updated or configured right...
...but we will see tonight

Don't worry people
I want this model to be fightable ingame as well as you all do!!!
and after a few checks I'm sure IT WILL BE!

RJW_ca "OUT"

RJW_ca@rogers.com or RJW_ca@hotmail.com
 Hellfire Jedi
11-20-2003, 9:07 PM
You know you have a signature, so you don't have to post your email every time? :rolleyes:
 Aaron Smith
11-23-2003, 8:21 AM
Well I still can't get the sounds to work on my machine, but they will work for some. I joined in with RJW the other night in his game and they worked fine. I am also having other problems with my game so hopefully they will work.
Any way, I will send Quinlan to PC gamemods sunday night as soon as I get home from band practice. I will call this version 1.0 if the sounds work for everyone but me there will not be a version 2.0, so after you download let me know ethier here or E-mail me if the sounds work for you. Anyone who feels the need to reskin this go ahead and do whatever you like with it.
 Teenwolf
11-25-2003, 5:58 AM
Did you decide on doin it for both or not?
Looks reallly great btw. Hes a pretty badass jedi.

This part is for all to read...

Does ne one know what the lines on his face are, and were they came from?
 Aaron Smith
11-25-2003, 8:49 AM
Sorry Iwas unable to get onto PCgamemods the last two days, I will upload it sometime today.
This current one is JA only, but I will compile a JO version and upload that in the next couple of days. I personaly prefer the two saber fighting style, and not being able to twirl both sabers is realy anoying, that is why I went with a JA specific version.
 CaladienJedi
11-25-2003, 10:09 AM
Yea pcgm was down for a few. Checked it today. Its up :)
 Aaron Smith
11-25-2003, 3:02 PM
Pcgm isn't letting me upload anything right now. Even though I'm logged in when I click on submit a file I get a message that says you must be logged in to submit a file. I messed with it for about twenty minutes and nothing I will try again tomorrow. The file is to big to attatch it to an E-mail with my free acount so I will have to wait until PCgm is working again. SORRY!
 CaladienJedi
11-25-2003, 5:51 PM
Do you think you could send me it on msn? I really am looking foward to seeing this model...

my msn is caladienjedi@hotmail.com if you have time to send it.

Thanks! Cant wait for the great model!

EDIT: Just remembered, my bro(hellfire) has a site. If you give it to me/him on msn, he can host it.
 Hellfire Jedi
11-25-2003, 6:24 PM
Could of asked me first before recommending. :\
I can host for 5 hours. Its going to hog bandwith, which I recieved for FREE.
 CaladienJedi
11-30-2003, 3:31 PM
Well, after getting to test out quinlin(thanks agian aaron) I found why the taunt doesnt work. When I first tried it, the taunt didnt work for me in FFA either. But i took a look at the pk3, and I saw there was no taunt.mp3. Now for FFA gametype you can only have 1 taunt, thats taunt.mp3. And since there wasnt one the taunt wouldnt work. So i changed taunt1 to taunt and tried it, worked fine.

BTW: Model is ownage. Great work!
 RJW_ca
11-30-2003, 4:50 PM
sorry about that
--Aaron wanted another taunt added for him but I am unable to get in contact with him I guess we keep missing each other
--Aaron wanted another anrgy taunt, I just need to get a hold of him to send them

I hope you all think the sounds are ok?

RJW_ca"OUT"
 Aaron Smith
11-30-2003, 5:19 PM
Too late RJW it's up at pc gamemods already
here is the link http://www.pcgamemods.com/3239/)
 CaladienJedi
11-30-2003, 5:37 PM
Yea, the sounds have great quality. Nice work.

Love the model :D
 Hellfire Jedi
11-30-2003, 6:04 PM
Swing swang schwong (http://www.pcgamemods.com/3239/).
:D
Aaron posted it I know, I just felt like doing that. :D
 Miko Reglia
11-30-2003, 6:11 PM
yay!

awsome stuff aaron...good work:cool:
 ObiKast
11-30-2003, 6:47 PM
Nice job. ;) awsome model.
 Teenwolf
12-16-2003, 12:02 AM
YEs very nice man.