Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HUD numbers

Page: 1 of 1
 Marker0077
11-03-2003, 7:36 PM
Due to the transparent background, the HUD numbers are very difficult to read at times, especially the health numbers.

I think the code should be changed so that the HUD numbers can have an outline of a different color around it to make it easier to read. This should be OPTIONAL ONLY. A simple CVar should suffice but do not make it so that people can not go back to the original way - that type of thing tends to piss off some people.

I am also working on my own .pk3 for Cool mods as far as this goes, however, I am not sure how it is going to end up. The actual .TGA files are white & there are no shaders for this, so it is either scripted or hard coded (which is why I brought up the CVar in the first place).

I'll keep you guys posted on how the .pk3 turns out.
 razorace
11-03-2003, 8:43 PM
I'll check it out the next time I'm in the game.
 Marker0077
11-08-2003, 2:32 AM
The number .TGAs are white colored & get colored red, green, & blue by the JK3 code, so dealing with the numbers themselves was too much of a hassle & instead I modified the background HUD & that works fine. You can check that out at http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117155). Hope you like it.
Page: 1 of 1