Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

OJP Skin Pack?

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
11-03-2003, 6:55 AM
I've been thinking about it and it might be a good idea to add a skins pack to OJP. My thought process here is that the new customizable player class option gives us an oppertunity to merge all the skins of a given model into a customizable player class. However, that's not really possible without a centralized development area like OJP.

For size reasons, a OJP skin pack would be a seperate distro from the other packs. We would also obviously have some major quality control on the submitted skins.

What do you guys think?
 Samuel Dravis
11-03-2003, 1:07 PM
I think that's a great idea. I would like to see some of the quality skin/models standardized.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
11-03-2003, 2:50 PM
Sounds good to me
 razorace
11-03-2003, 11:53 PM
Ok, well, I'll add a skins section to the repository and start looking for contributors. :)
 Neverhoodian
11-04-2003, 1:50 PM
Sounds good to me. It would provide extra incentive for people to download it.
 Marker0077
11-04-2003, 11:20 PM
I'm against it just because anything that it will have in it will more than likely be in CM Skins Pack A, except SPA will have more skins as well.

OJP is an assets organization & basically the new JediMod for JKA except much better. This is just not an OJP thing IMO.
 razorace
11-04-2003, 11:57 PM
Well, I was suggesting it partially because you made it sound like you weren't going to be work on CM anymore.
 Marker0077
11-05-2003, 12:00 AM
Are you kidding? I would never give up CM. Matter fact, once it is released & I can finally stop talking about how it's this & that & actually show everyone, I plan on hiring staff to run it so I don't have to.
 razorace
11-05-2003, 12:43 AM
Why not "hire" staff now?
 Samuel Dravis
11-05-2003, 4:18 AM
I don't know why you'd need staff for a mod pack...I've haven't been able to try it though; your site is not up.
 Marker0077
11-05-2003, 7:27 AM
Originally posted by razorace
Why not "hire" staff now? Because I have busted my ass on this stuff for over a year, alot of which was wasted time because of Lee but owell, such is life.

I don't want to hire just anyone, I want peace of mind that whomever is going to handle whatever their job is properly. once CM is released, it should get more peoples attention & interest. That's what I am waiting for.

There are only a select few I would hire on staff, you being one of them, but you have your own projects & I'm not 100% sure what I would need you for other than helping me with Skins Pack A.Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
I don't know why you'd need staff for a mod pack...I've haven't been able to try it though; your site is not up. I wouldn't need staff for just a mod pack, it's much more than that. There's skins, hilts, sounds, there's the forums, emails, the site, etc; etc. There's alot of stuff to maintain & I have had people asking me to come back to modding MoH for 6 months now, not to mention the Developers Union poroject, & not to mention the Jedi Action project, so needless to say, I need this thing running all on it's own so I can keep everything growing. It's alot for one guy to handle, which is why this thing has been taking me so long.
 Samuel Dravis
11-06-2003, 9:57 PM
OK. Will you post a link when you're through?
 Marker0077
11-07-2003, 2:00 AM
Through with what? Skins Pack A? Ya, I plan on doing tons of media attention on it but it won't be done for at least 2 more months probably.
Page: 1 of 1