Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kyle instead of my model

Page: 1 of 1
 alaris
11-03-2003, 4:19 AM
Hey,

I'm trying to get a new model in both Jedi Outcast and Academy. I've gotten a custom player model into Outcast before, but this time I see Kyle shows up instead of my model. The icon is there for my model when I choose it in MP.

I know there are a few things that can cause this like the paths being incorrect in the .skin file. I've triple-checked the skin file, so I'm pretty sure that isn't it.

I thought it was due to my model being over 3200 polies, but when I took it down to 2700, same thing. I thought it could be the format of jpg files, but that wasn't it either. I know how to make pk3's, so that isn't it either. I thought maybe I didn't weight all the vertices, but I tried weighting all of them to the pelvis bone--no dice.

My model shows up fine in Modview. I've double-checked all the names of the parts.

When I try to load the model from the console, I get an error message:

R_LoadMDXM: missing animation file models/_humanoid/_humanoid for mesh model.glm
 alaris
11-03-2003, 5:21 AM
nm,

I just had to check my paths in assimilate =\
 90SK
08-29-2004, 9:29 PM
soooooooo, you got it working?
Page: 1 of 1