Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with Team FFA

Page: 1 of 1
 ZeR0SyN
11-02-2003, 6:05 PM
Hey all, I have recently completed a vehicle map for JA but with a small problem: I am trying to implement my map as a Team FFA, but my spawns are causing a problem. For some reason, after I put in the blue team and red team spawn positions, compile then load the game, it tells me it cannot find spawn points. Is there something simple I am missing? I am eager to release this map to the public, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-ZeRШ
 Business_Eskimo
11-02-2003, 6:14 PM
I assume you are doing /devmap <mapname>?

You're going to have to stick an info_player_start in there to test it out.
There is a way to test it in team ffa mode, though. You must type g_gametype <number> in the console. The number teels the game what game type you want to play (in this instance Team Free-For-All) but I don't recall what it is. g_gametype 7 is seige mode, for instance.
 ZeR0SyN
11-02-2003, 6:35 PM
Yeap I have been putting my map in a pk3 i made and then devmap mymapname... and since the spawnpoints i put in do not work, I have been testing it with a regular deathmatch spawn point. I do not understand what could be wrong this comes quite confusing it me :confused:
 Business_Eskimo
11-02-2003, 7:08 PM
Add an .arena file. Then you can test it like any map you've downloaded. If you dont know how to do this, it's in here. (http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/gc102lsn7.html)
 ZeR0SyN
11-02-2003, 8:22 PM
Already constructed an arena file for it... still cant find the spawn points. It should work fine, but it doesnt. The more I think about the more I am confused about it not working.
 Lil Killa
11-02-2003, 8:24 PM
you can't define team spawns for TFFA. TFFA uses the same info_player_deathmatch or info_player_start that the normal FFA uses.
 ZeR0SyN
11-02-2003, 8:31 PM
Ok that makes sense now that I think about it - I was trying to spawn team mates on one side of the map and the other team on the other side, I should be doing ctf if I want team members to be spawning together
Page: 1 of 1