Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JO and JA map names

Page: 1 of 1
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
11-02-2003, 4:57 PM
Sorry to make this thread again, but i went through all of them, and i guess the last one i made was deleted...So here it is again(i didn't get to come back to the forums and see what some one had replied)
What are all the map names, i mean what are the map names for JA, and the ones that work for JA

thank you, and sorry again
 Kurgan
11-02-2003, 7:24 PM
As posted in the "Not Enough Customization..." thread(s), here they are (using the "map <mapname>" or "devmap <mapname>" without quotes):

(JA MP)

mp/ffa1
mp/ffa2
mp/ffa3
mp/ffa4
mp/ffa5
mp/duel1
mp/duel2
mp/duel3
mp/duel4
mp/duel5
mp/duel6
mp/duel7
mp/duel8
mp/duel9
mp/duel10
mp/ctf1
mp/ctf2
mp/ctf3
mp/ctf4
mp/ctf5
mp/siege_hoth
mp/siege_desert
mp/siege_korriban

Note that you'll need to change the gametype if you want to play a map "properly" here are the gametypes, (using the g_gametype # command):

// gametypes
// 0 = FFA
// 3 = DUEL one on one tournament
// 4 = POWER DUEL
// 6 = TEAM FFA
// 7 = SIEGE
// 8 = CTF

NOW, here are the JK2 (JO) map names... only usable in JA if you have the converted map packs installed (available from PCgamemods.com in their jedi academy files section):

JK2 map names:

ffa_bespin
ffa_deathstar
ffa_imperial
ffa_ns_hideout
ffa_ns_streets
ffa_raven
ffa_yavin
ctf_bespin
ctf_imperial
ctf_ns_streets
ctf_yavin
duel_bay
duel_bespin
duel_carbon
duel_hanger
duel_jedi
duel_pit
duel_temple
duel_training

Same rules with the gametypes apply, but keep in mind if you are playing Jedi Outcast (not JA with JO maps) you'll have different configurations for the gametypes, since the numbers aren't the same... see the JK2 forum for more on that. In JK2 the FFA maps were recycled with the gametypes for Holocron FFA and Jedi Master, and the CTF maps were recycled with the gametype CTY (Capture the Ysalimari).

Now if you want to mix 'n' match gametypes, that can work too. In JK2 you'll recall that the CTF maps were also available as FFA's, and ffa_raven was also available as a Duel. Some maps work great as FFA's other's don't.

Now if you want a big long list of Single Player map names, try gamefaqs.com or just read the Not Enough Customization threads...
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
11-02-2003, 8:07 PM
yeah i looked in the "not enough customization" thread, all 11 pages :mad: . And i only found the JA maps(which i thank you for), but i couldn't find all the JO maps. I knew what the all were, but when i typed them into the console, they wouldn't work, so i just wanted to see if they had changed.

Thanks Kurgan ;)
 Kurgan
11-03-2003, 12:54 AM
Glad I could help.
Page: 1 of 1