Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modeling problems....or problems with Modview

Page: 1 of 1
 eidospsogos
11-01-2003, 9:18 PM
okay, problems and i am not sure what's going on.....

first:

i was playing around with a couple of models, pulling a part off one and adding it to another. i imported the .glm, selected the part i wanted deleted the rest, and then imported the .glm i wanted to add the part to. i added thae part to the model making sure it appeared in the selection list, and exported it as an md3. i then opened the md3 with md3view and exported as a glm. but now when i try to view the new model in modview, modview simply crashes. any ideas what may be going on....?

second:

i have gone through the conversion process simply to see if it would work correctly, without adding anything to the model. the unedited model would load properly going through the import/export/conversion process.....but all my tags are showing up as little white triangles all over the model. anyone know how to get these to go away?

third:

if these are stupid questions i apologize. but modeling is new to me, as all i have ever done in the past is skinning. but skinning has its limitations. and so i decided to give this a try. my editing programs seem to handle everything fine (other than the white triangles thing) but i cannot view what i THINK i have done, to see if i have really done it or not in Modview. which to me implies i have done something seriously wrong.

if anyone has any idea what i may be doing wrong, please let me know.
 eidospsogos
11-01-2003, 9:53 PM
okay the model shows up now i fixed that.....

but the directory tree looks absolutely nothing like the one that the model originally had. such as i now have no linked animations, and the surfaces tree is completely different. i have yet to get rid of the white triangles either.

obviously i need a tutorial of some sort. so does anyone have the link to a tutorial for creating models for jka with 3dsmax. or milkshape if that's possible.....?

don't really care if you just answer the questions i specifically posted or list a tutorial, but, GEEZ, i need help :)

so anyone with advice or knowledge is more than welcome to share it.....
 Psyk0Sith
11-01-2003, 10:16 PM
Here's the best i can do for you:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/)

Check the tuts section, all that stuff also applies to JA...only a few bones are not needed for the new GLA to compile the glm correctly.
 eidospsogos
11-01-2003, 10:56 PM
thanks alot....looks good
 eidospsogos
11-01-2003, 11:00 PM
wouldn't happen to know, how or where to get the JA skeleton would you?
 eidospsogos
11-02-2003, 1:22 AM
okay this is odd....i found the JA skeleton in the JA tools release. but the plugin that allowed me to import the JO skeleton keeps giving me the error message level 3 revision not supported when i attempt to open the JA skeleton with the importer. anyone know why that would be?
Page: 1 of 1