Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The use of privateclients how?

Page: 1 of 1
 <|FeaR|>Storm
10-30-2003, 10:01 PM
How do you connect if you have privateclients set 2?

What else need to be done?
 Kurgan
10-31-2003, 12:25 AM
In your cfg file for the server:

seta sv_maxclients "6"
seta sv_privateclients "1"
seta sv_privatepassword "yourVIPpasswordhere"
//use privateclients and privatepassword to save a
slot for you with the password

The above would mean that 5 people could connect to your server, and the 6th person would need to use the private or "VIP" (as I like to call it) password. This is something you set independently of the rcon password. So this private VIP is not an admin, just a player who has a guarenteed slot even if the game is "full."

You just have to give the password to the person you want to use it. Of course if you have one private slot and you give the password out to 10 people only one of them will be able to get in to use it. They won't need the password if the server isn't already full.
 Tesla
10-31-2003, 12:51 AM
Do i have one of those VIP slots on your server Kurgan :D ?...because when i connected to your server it kinda mentioned something about a password or something like that :confused:

:D
 Nemesis787
11-16-2003, 2:30 AM
To join a game as a private client once you have set the g_privateclients and g_privatepassword variables is simple
just click on password and enter the private password when you join the game. you will then get a private slot. the server will not ask for a password ( unless the server has a password set for all clients) enter it before you click join by clicking on password from the JA server list. hopefully this helps :)
Page: 1 of 1