Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

how do i host a server?

Page: 1 of 1
 phillys
10-29-2003, 8:05 AM
hello there,

can someone please teach me(or point me to a guide on) how to set up a non-dedicated duel server over the internet where my friend and i can play against each other? please reply cause i need in a few hours time cause i'll be playing against him and we dont want to sabotage other servers :p

thanks a lot! :):tup:
 cjd118118
10-29-2003, 8:58 AM
if u want to play on a non- dedicated server, its pretty basic. You can use the in game set up to set it all up, then all u have to do is give him ur ip, so he can connect to it.

to set it up in game, go create game....chose ur options, then go to advance set up (or something like that) and select non- dedicated.

i think that should work.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
10-29-2003, 1:20 PM
The All Seeing Eye is currently showing seventy-eight empty duel servers. Instead of creating yet another server, why don't you and your friend get The All Seeing Eye http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html) or Qtracker http://www.qtracker.com) , agree to meet on an empty duel server with a good ping (it will be more fair to duel on a server where you both have similar pings. The person playing on a local server has a ping advantage over everyone else) and fight there.
 phillys
10-30-2003, 5:54 AM
thanks a lot for your replies but the thing is, whenever we play in a public duel server, people can just come in and join us because it is public. so, all i need and want to know is how to set up one where only the two of us can play....thank you.
 cjd118118
10-30-2003, 10:00 AM
me again...

if u only want 2 ppl to play u have to create ur own server, from there u can set it sso only 2 ppl can join the game, or u could password protect ur server and no one who knows not the password can join.

but like amidala said, why have another server, when u could just join the endless list, maybe u could contact the server admin and he/she mightr change it for u for a gr or so.

sorry bout any mistakes, im on a laptop!;)
 Frizz3000
10-30-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by cjd118118
if u want to play on a non- dedicated server, its pretty basic. You can use the in game set up to set it all up, then all u have to do is give him ur ip, so he can connect to it.

to set it up in game, go create game....chose ur options, then go to advance set up (or something like that) and select non- dedicated.

i think that should work.

Hes already told you how to do it. Noone else can play on your server unless you have there ip adress

wok1
 phillys
10-30-2003, 10:22 AM
okay....so, for my friend to joing my server, he has to type something to connect to my ip, right? what does he type in the console?
 Frizz3000
10-30-2003, 10:26 AM
You have to give him your ip and then your friend has to press add new favorite and then type in the ip adress ad he should get a server in his favorites.

wok1
 cjd118118
10-30-2003, 6:10 PM
YES me again!

well frizz that is the hard way!
You can connect a lot more quickly and efficently (that spelt right) by doing it through console.
So u would type
/connect <ip address> <port number>
and if u dont know ur port number its proberly default, somat like 29070.
 phillys
10-31-2003, 3:03 PM
thanks a lot guys... i'll try it out soon :)
 Frizz3000
10-31-2003, 4:28 PM
I think ill just stick to joining servers...

wok1
Page: 1 of 1