Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Enabling saber selection in custom JA SP map

Page: 1 of 1
 OzRun
10-28-2003, 11:47 PM
G'day all,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I am making a custom SP map for JA but haven't been able to figure out how to let the player choose their saber type (i.e. single, dual, staff) or character model etc. Is this possible with the tools available at the moment? (I am using GTK-Radiant 1.3.12)

I have played with scripts and the player entity window, but have had no luck. Whenever I load my map, the character just defaults to the last character I had in JA.

Any help would be most appreciated.

[Edit] I have tried searching the forums as well, but have come up empty on that score too.
 idontlikegeorge
10-29-2003, 1:59 AM
Did you post this on Massassi?

Yeah, I read it, and went around thinking about it... because the menus can be called from in-game, but I'm not sure exactly how.

Seeing the entity target_level_change has a variable to call a menu as well as another map, perhaps you can do it like this...

I've messed with the menus a little, but not enough to know exactly how they fit... but they are commented on very nicely, and if you wanna look through it all it could be put together to suit your own needs... of course, as long as the edited things are not in the base game, but your SP mod directory.

Also, in the menus, you can set a specific model/skin before the game starts... I had this set up, and instead of calling the character menu, I had a bunch of setcvar lines in the menu and after setting the variables for character model/skins, skipped to the saber menu.

Anyway, I'd advise you to look around the menu files, and check out the target_level_change entity.

Maybe, if you make an opening level in your SP episode... like a dummy map, and have that map call a target_level_change to the character and saber menus, and have the saber menus call the real map?
 OzRun
10-29-2003, 2:23 AM
Yeah, it was me that posted that on Massassi (you're Michael there right, I recognize the sig). Didn't get much of a respons so I thought I'd try here.

Hmm, I wasn't aware that the target_level_change entity had those properties. I will have to look into it. The setcvar idea looks interesting too.

It seems as though I was going the wrong way abut it, and now that I've had it pointed out to me, it seems rather obvious/

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Page: 1 of 1