Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

glXMakeCurrent failed An unrecoverable error has occured.

Page: 1 of 1
 BongoBob
10-28-2003, 10:58 PM
WTF?

Checking for extension 'GL_ARB_texture_compression'...Not Found
Checking for extension 'GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc'...Not Found
texture compression is not supported by your current graphic card/drivers
ATI bug workaround disabled
glXMakeCurrent failed
An unrecoverable error has occured.

A) I don't have ATI, but could that be the cause of the error?
B)Do you have to have texture compression?
C)WTF! Does anyone know what the error is or means or even better. How to fix it?

Please help because I really want to map:(
 Greymon
10-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Change your desktop to 32 bit colors.
 BongoBob
10-29-2003, 11:46 AM
I am already using them. This is relly pissing me off.
 cayqel
10-29-2003, 6:03 PM
So it was working fine last night, but this morning I started getting a similar error:

In the status window:
ERROR: glXMakeCurrent failed..
Please restart Radiant if the camera view is not working

Then a DOS window pops up with:
(GtkRadiant-1.3.12.exe:4294362439): GdkGLExt-WARNING **: wglMakeCurrent() failed

I restart and get the same error.

I unistall and reinstall and get the same error.
 Mr. Chopper
10-29-2003, 6:06 PM
ME TOO!!! :mad:
 lauser
10-29-2003, 10:40 PM
Yeah IMO the new RADIANT is screwy. Installing it just screws up everything. And if it doesn't it soon will. I don't know why Radiant doesn't work exactly as it should on this machine. I do the installs exactly as prescribed. And when I asked the developer for help explaining exactly whats going on he tells me to REinstall?????????????? Thanks alot. I'm going to stick to JK2 mapping because I know it works. Then I'll just put the PK3 in the JA game folder.
 RalKon
10-30-2003, 2:13 PM
I had this problem at first too. It took completely uninstalling the program off the computer and then reinstalling it
 cayqel
11-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Okay if anyone is having the same problem I was havingERROR: glXMakeCurrent failed.. I found an od solution. All I have to do is resize the 3d view window so it is really small then enlarge it, and Radiant works fine. Bizarre.
 Mr. Chopper
11-01-2003, 7:13 PM
How am I supposed to resize it, when I'm getting the errors the instant I open radiant?
 Mr. Chopper
11-06-2003, 12:30 AM
Has anyone found a fix for this yet?
 BongoBob
11-09-2003, 1:47 AM
I guess not yet. I have the exact same prob as you, and it still says that after the 5th reinstall. Plz release something to fix this:(
 shukrallah
11-09-2003, 2:19 AM
Ok, 2 suggestions if you cant get it working:

Use an older version of GTK Radiant, but put the NEW versions of the SP_entities.def and MP_entities.def files where the old ones are
Or, install jk2 radiant in the JA gamedata directory, and put the GTK SP and MP entities.def files in the gamedata/tools directory, this will overwrite the files, but allow you to use JK2 radiant for JA

Well.... thats all i can suggest... strange, so it was working for all of you, then it just stopped?? I hope it works out for you guys.
 Lil Killa
11-09-2003, 2:21 AM
uninstal then clean your temp folder and reinstal...

Don't know if it will work for this program but it has worked for other programs..
 BongoBob
11-18-2003, 6:23 PM
What do you mean by, the "temp" folder?

:confused:
 Lil Killa
11-18-2003, 9:44 PM
Go to Start and the Run and type in temp and it will take you to your temporary folder. Cleaning this regularly will also speed up your comp.
 BongoBob
11-18-2003, 10:21 PM
Okie dokie.
If it doesn't work, where are the entities files?
 Lil Killa
11-18-2003, 11:35 PM
dunno but try your gtk folders... there should be an entities.def somewhere.
 wannadie
11-19-2003, 4:51 AM
What I do when that happens is just keep restarting Radiant until it starts correctly. Sometimes I restart it about 5 times until it opens successfully.
 WadeV1589
11-19-2003, 10:02 AM
The .def files are in base\scripts

A complete uninstall often can fix a lot of things, and Temp by default is C:\Windows\Temp and it's recommended you clean that out as often as you can anyway, you won't be able to delete all files as some will be currently in use (for temp work!) but every single file in that directory is safe to delete and should be deleted. Re-installing after both of those steps can often fix a lot of issues.

However after uninstalling you should also go to the Jedi Academy installation folder and if in Gamedata there is a folder called Radiant or Radiant-1.3 delete it before re-installing. Also check that Program Files\GTKRadiant-1.3 doesn't exist anymore.
 BongoBob
11-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Thanks you guys. I havn't been able to try these things out yet, but I am going to when I get home(unless I go straight to my friends house :) ) from school. I had good ideas that other people beat me to(AKA a taun taun joust map, a Rancor map, etc)
 shukrallah
11-22-2003, 1:39 AM
yeah, i hate it when that happens.... and i still have to wait till christmas... watch more ideas get taken :whtsmile: but you can always make your own version of the map... if you want... but it wont get as many downloads. :(
Page: 1 of 1