Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Soundtrack.....

Page: 1 of 1
 Monkey Mania
10-25-2003, 2:58 PM
I think the soundtrack could be a little better after listening to the tie fighter Mp3. There is a soundfont at www.titanicsf.com) you might be interested in.

Ciao!
 Monkey Mania
10-25-2003, 3:18 PM
I think I have the potential of creating a realistic high quality soundtrack. I am looking forward to creating it. All I need is a good soundcard such as Audigy 2 and I will be set! Cya!
 Monkey Mania
10-26-2003, 3:42 AM
can anybody tell me how to convert dark forces music into midis? or have the midis to download?
 Suprosa
10-26-2003, 2:32 PM
Yeah, I really dont like how the Battle Theme sounds now that u guys changed it. It doesnt make me feel all proud to be a bad guy like Tie Fighter did :p
 Monkey Mania
10-26-2003, 3:41 PM
Well, I will be making my own soundtrack soon, with better instruments. A solo trumpet does not put the theme to justice.
 CortoCG
10-27-2003, 3:22 AM
o.O? Very unfair posts, anyway, if you can give more justice to those soundtracks I'll let you know after I hear them.
 Lundquist
10-30-2003, 8:21 PM
ehm... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the soundtrack for the mod supposed to be made with the same equipment that Clint Bajakian used when he wrote it so that we hear it like he did?
That's what I've been asuming is the whole idea, and not to make it sound as "real" as possible - though of course you can do that with today's equipment, 8 years after Bajakian wrote it...
 Monkey Mania
10-30-2003, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the 21st Century! What I think is that we need to match the quality of the music with the quality of the mod. I will be recieving my new audio card tomorrow, so expect an example of the type of music my system is capable of soon. It is still not the top-of-the-line, but believe me, you will like it...
 SlicerDude
10-31-2003, 8:38 PM
The mod team's intentions for the music seem to mirror what they're doing with the rest of the mod. They're remaking the levels with improved graphics while keeping the level layout and feel intact. Likewise, the old music will be redone in higher quality, but it's still the same music.

What I'd really like to see in the mod is the music perfomed by a live orchestra, although I'm not sure who'd do that.
 Tom Resnick
11-01-2003, 5:07 PM
Originally posted by SlicerDude
What I'd really like to see in the mod is the music perfomed by a live orchestra, although I'm not sure who'd do that.

I've wanted this for years.
Maybe we could get... I dunno, a petition together or something. Or as LucasArts to possibly hold a scoring session like they did for the Indy Jones game music. Perhaps they'd do a CD of, say, the most popular EU themes, like Thrawn, the DF theme, some of the battles, etc. I bet it'd sell pretty well, among fans alone if nothing else.

Any thoughts?
 SlicerDude
11-02-2003, 1:18 AM
I doubt LucasArts'd go to the expense of hiring an orchestra just to record the soundtrack to an old game(s). Maybe they could work it in with recording the soundtrack for some new game. It becomes more possible as the popularity of live orchestral music in games and separate soundtrack releases increases, but it doesn't seem too likely right now, although I'd be the first to buy it if they made it.

I think the most likely way to get it made would be to have some university orchestra or something record it-a group that can play the music and has time to prepare all of it, but doesn't expect to be paid. Most university and community orchestras keep quite busy with what they're already doing, but perhaps someone somewhere could work it in. I hope someone does.
Page: 1 of 1