Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

question

Page: 1 of 1
 JerAir
10-25-2003, 1:07 AM
I just downloaded the new radiant and made a simple map. I tried to make a worldspawn (right-click, bottom of list)

and a window popped up and said "can't create an entity with worldspawn"

I don't know if this is the right way to do it,
(I used JK2 radiant for JO)
and wondered if there is another way to make a worldspawn
entity or if I am doing it correctly, if this is a bug or something.
 Cryptoguy
10-25-2003, 1:15 AM
World spawn is already in your map just unselect everything and press n .
 JerAir
10-25-2003, 5:56 PM
well, I pressed n and double-clicked worldspawn and a window pops up and says "you must have a selected brush to create an entity"
so I create a brush and press n, double-click worldspawn
and a window pops up and says "can't create an entity with worldspawn" again.

I then start a new map and do the same thing.

am I doing something wrong?

can someone tell me exactly how to do it?
 WadeV1589
10-25-2003, 6:05 PM
File->New, then map...that's it, no creating worldspawns, just make brushes and texture them. Simple as!
 idontlikegeorge
10-25-2003, 7:11 PM
You know, I've never had any map in a brush-based game that required manually creating a worldspawn entity. They have always been a default property of the map...

What games have you mapped for that made you assume that you needed to manually add a worldspawn entity? Just curious...
 JerAir
10-26-2003, 4:08 PM
What games have you mapped for that made you assume that you needed to manually add a worldspawn entity? Just curious...

The game was JK2 and there were 2 mapping programs available.
they were both similar, but the one I used was a little different than the JA program I am using now.

anyways...

I started up JA and started my map. Right when it finishes
loading, an error says: "Error: couldn't find a spawn point"

so... what do I do? How do I make a spawn point?
 GothiX
10-26-2003, 4:44 PM
In MP, make an info-> info_player_deathmatch. In SP, that should be an info->info_player_start.

Also, it looks as if you're new to mapping. Check out http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/) for a start! Good luck mapping!
 JerAir
10-27-2003, 8:21 PM
I can't believe I didn't check RichDiesal's tutorial's before I even started this thread!

sorry for wasting your time, guys.
Page: 1 of 1