Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Using ships without cheats?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lindsey
10-23-2003, 4:49 PM
Does anyone know of any ships you can download and use in your map (X Wings, Tie Fighters, Shuttles, whatnot) without cheats? I'm planning to make maps like the KOTOR Flight School, but need ships.
 shukrallah
10-23-2003, 6:37 PM
Yeah...

you dont need cheats... just put them into your map (i think) and umm... the ships like the x-wing and tie-bomber come with JA.

If you do make a map like that, please, please, please make something worth playing! dont just make a large area and throw ships in...

hey, arent you guys amazed that really... i mean really.. .low quality maps have been made and all the auther did was throw ships in and they got praised for being an excellant mod maker? I mean... maps arent mods, they just put a vehicle in. I just dont understand :(
 Lindsey
10-24-2003, 1:08 AM
I need details tho, HOW do you put x wings and ties in. Im very new to map making, so steps on how to do this would be nice. I tried putting a model of a x wing in, and it was just a prop.
 Tesla
10-24-2003, 1:16 AM
Wouldn't you add them in like an NPC entry for a NPC like Alora & Reborn, check the NPC list in Radient ?...:)
 idontlikegeorge
10-24-2003, 1:19 AM
You use NPC_Vehicle, then in the entity settings, have a key/value NPC_type/vehiclename
 Lindsey
10-24-2003, 8:32 PM
I also noticed in the KOTOR level, that the map maker had made the map so big, that the space ports and such poped up when you got near them. How do I do that? I want to make my level a bit like the Bespin Sea, where there are 2 bases. But the compiler always says the map visability is exceeded. Also, how do you do that thing where the ships warp to the other side of the level like hyperspace?
 shukrallah
10-25-2003, 2:39 AM
oh yeah, i havnt played the map, nor will i, but i know what you mean... umm, it might be, because JA wont draw something if its too far away. You just have to get your map just right ;)
 Lindsey
10-28-2003, 4:32 PM
This NPC Vehicle thing is driving me crazy. The Vehicle alays shows up as a swoop. I set the value to "x-wing" and the class to NPC_Vehicle. What the @#$$ am I doing wrong?
 WadeV1589
10-28-2003, 5:27 PM
For distance culling select a regular brush and press N to get the entity window, you'll have the worldspawn selected ("classname" "worldspawn"). Type a key of _distancecull and a value of ... whatever and that's how far the game will draw up until. If you're making a purely open map, i.e. one that's just a damn big room with a few small objects (smaller than any vehicles) do a key/value of "_blocksize" "0". It's pointless having any vis data in a square room when every cluster can see every other cluster anyway. But because I know GothiX will shout at me and find some odd reason why you must have vis data, you'd probably better just set it to "4096" or larger.
 idontlikegeorge
10-28-2003, 6:53 PM
Originally posted by Lindsey
This NPC Vehicle thing is driving me crazy. The Vehicle alays shows up as a swoop. I set the value to "x-wing" and the class to NPC_Vehicle. What the @#$$ am I doing wrong?

Ok. Drop in an NPC_Vehicle entity. Then open up the entity window (N), and in the field named key type: NPC_Type - and in the value field type: X-wing

And it should work fine. It did for me, I made a quick test map while writing this post.
 Lindsey
10-28-2003, 8:01 PM
THANK THE LORD!! IT WORKED!!

THANKYOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
 idontlikegeorge
10-28-2003, 8:08 PM
:)
Page: 1 of 1