Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

non-solid to solid?

Page: 1 of 1
 aaw*s.n.a.f.u.*
10-23-2003, 3:31 PM
Just wondering how i can make it so u cant just walk through a model eg. Statue Gaurd:confused::rolleyes:
 WadeV1589
10-23-2003, 3:44 PM
The most original way (i.e. the pure mappers way) is to surround it with simple shapes of system/clip and system/shotonlyclip

On that topic, why isn't there a system/shotclip shader? The texture is there, just no shader. So what is one supposed to use to block players and weapons? As I said above does it have to be 2 sets of brushes with 2 shaders?
 GothiX
10-23-2003, 4:35 PM

There IS a shader for that, Wade. It's called system/physics_clip.
 WadeV1589
10-23-2003, 5:24 PM
textures/system/physics_clip
{
qer_editorimage textures/system/physics_clip
qer_trans 0.3
surfaceparm nodraw
surfaceparm trans
q3map_nolightmap
}Yeah I see what you mean it would clip, I don't get why they removed shotclip though, could've left it and added this for those of us who remember the olden days. I just saw physics_clip and presumed it would be in conjunction with .efx files physics seen as they use the word "physics" there. Ambiguity is never a friend :p
 wedge2211
10-23-2003, 6:39 PM
On an md3 model, you can add "spawnflags 2" to it's entity properties and compile with q3map2 and--viola--it will be made solid automatically. Autoclipped. It's wonderful. :)
 WadeV1589
10-23-2003, 6:57 PM
I had totally forgot about Q3Map2 autoclipping even though I'm using it in my current map...:rolleyes:

Aren't you supposed to avoid auto-clip for small models tho? I swear I remember reading that. It was designed for large models and terrain models.
Page: 1 of 1