Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Clear Textures?

Page: 1 of 1
 DeViLPhISh
10-20-2003, 8:58 PM
Anyone here know where I can find the clear/glass textures? I know how to make the brushes so they act like glass but how do you make them look like it? On a side note how do you make water?
 GothiX
10-21-2003, 8:13 AM
 WadeV1589
10-21-2003, 10:51 AM
...isn't that a tutorial on how to make glass? All he wanted to know was where the glass textures are in JA...try in common, there's several glass textures in there you can apply to a brush to make it transparent.
 DeViLPhISh
10-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Thanks all for the help, but which textures are clear? BTW that tutorial says find glass reflective which is not in there. I've already read it.:D
 GothiX
10-22-2003, 7:31 AM
Just make a test map, and experiment until you find a texture you like.
 WadeV1589
10-22-2003, 12:04 PM
You'll probably find all the ones with the word glass in their names are clear :rolleyes:

And before anyone leaps at a chance to correct me (if you haven't noticed that happens a lot around here) there could be 1 or 2 "glass" shaders that are actually solid..but if there is they are named accordingly! There were shaders like this in EF, I haven't had any need for JA glass yet so I have no idea about what's on offer!
 TPM_Montross
10-22-2003, 9:06 PM
if your looking for jk3 textures go to the bottom on radiant to ----- and then a side bar will come out, then go to common, there are some glasses in there
 DeViLPhISh
10-23-2003, 1:35 AM
Thanks again for the help but there's I only saw one glass texture.:(
 WadeV1589
10-23-2003, 10:44 AM
From the shader:

textures/common/glass
textures/common/glass_no_tess
textures/common/glass_reflective
textures/common/glass_reflective_double-sided

There are some that begin env_ as well but I've not noticed those before :confused: Ah well, I often miss the obvious :D
Page: 1 of 1