Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What do you fear?

Page: 1 of 1
 BeastMaster
10-19-2003, 10:55 PM
Kinda apropos of the Halloween season.

Scared? Game on! (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20031017/us_nm/media_videogames_dc)
Regular, off-the-shelf computer video games are an effective method of treating people's fears, using a style of therapy that exposes people to what scares them in a controlled setting, according to a new study released on Friday.

Yet somehow, I think Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine managed to make my arachnophobia worse. :sweat:

Aside from the spider thing, I don't think I really have any major phobias. I mean, there're things I avoid, but no real "panic-response" issues. Well, except for the possibilities inherent in this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115576).
 StormHammer
10-20-2003, 2:42 PM
Yeah, I already read that article. It's good to know video games have even more positive applications. And with the new 3D displays being developed, it would even be possible in future to interact with a 'virtual spider' and the like - i.e., it would appear more realistic. :thumbsup:
 obi
10-23-2003, 12:21 AM
 Dath Maximus
10-23-2003, 12:22 AM
Dear god no!!! NOT YANNI!!!

*runs off screaming*

actually i fear Stormy when he forgets to shave. Creepy
 Bobo Donkey™
10-24-2003, 3:51 PM
Who the smeg is Yanni?
 Wombat3
10-24-2003, 6:59 PM
a horrible singer, I think.
 BeastMaster
10-28-2003, 9:49 PM
Kinda a New-Age mood-music creature, from what I understand.

Part of the same Evil cabal that includes Oprah, John Tesh, and She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Not to be confused with the Incompetent cabal that includes Bonnie Hammer, Kevin Sorbo, and the FOX network executives.
Page: 1 of 1