Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Clipper Tool Woes

Page: 1 of 1
 Usurpo
10-18-2003, 9:44 PM
When I use my cliper tool, it completly destorys what I am trying to cut. I had heard there was a way to cut it, but leave both pieces there, only register them as seperate brushes...how do I do this?
 Greymon
10-18-2003, 11:37 PM
Highlight the brush you're trying to clip. Place the clip points. Youll notice one section of the brush will turn yellow. Thats the section that will remain after you clip it (by pressing Enter). To change which section remains, hold Ctrl then press enter. The new section will go yellow. To keep the entire brush and still clip, hold Shift, then press Enter.
 Druid Bremen
10-23-2003, 2:27 AM
Lol, I always keep the two brushes when I clip :D
 Usurpo
10-24-2003, 11:07 AM
Err...ok...next question: How would I cut a cylinder? o.0
 WadeV1589
10-24-2003, 12:11 PM
If you mean a mesh cylinder, you can't clip them.
 wedge2211
10-24-2003, 12:28 PM
Patch meshes can't be clipped.

What you CAN do however, is go to Gtk's Plugins menu and find "split patch," I think under BobsToolz. That will split a cylinder into 4 bevels for you (and it can also split other patches). You can then manipulate the vertices however you like (details here (http://wso.williams.edu/~jshoer/patches.htm)). When you're done, if you want, you can use the "merge patches" plugin to take two adjoining meshes and combine them.
 idontlikegeorge
10-24-2003, 7:28 PM
Actually, I'd just drag vertices of the mesh, make it half size or whatever, then clone it. But I don't trust automated plugins and all that.

Like terrain generators. Pffbt. Back in my day we made terrain by hand, and ya never heard me complain (when I was your age)! :lol:
Page: 1 of 1