Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anybody want to skin my snow speeder?

Page: 1 of 1
 tFighterPilot
10-18-2003, 2:33 PM
I made a snow speeder model, but I suck at skinning, anyone want to give it a shot?

http://www.angelfire.com/droid/tfighterpilot/speeder3D_2.jpg)
 JA_General
10-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Were can i get the program that ure using.

cause i wanna try it to skin.

or give me a link were i can download that program
 tFighterPilot
10-19-2003, 10:44 AM
That would be illegal...

Are you a skinner? Have you done any skins before? Do you have photoshop?
 JA_General
10-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Why would it be illegale .

no i dont know how to skin thats by i wanna try.

the speeder look cool.i only wanna know were you found that program.
 JA_General
10-19-2003, 11:21 AM
You dont have to teach me if you think that
 Scoundrel
10-19-2003, 12:50 PM
That is Trial Version of 3ds Max 5, so it is not illegal. It is just trial version.
 tFighterPilot
10-19-2003, 1:16 PM
You can't download it from any legal place, it should come on a disk.

Anyway, JA_General, the skinning is done with programs like photoshop, or paintshop pro, though you need 3D Studio Max to actually put it on the model.
 DBerko
10-19-2003, 11:56 PM
i'll do it. DBerko=IMALES
 eidospsogos
10-22-2003, 12:43 AM
i have photoshop.....as well as other adobe and macromedia programs....my degree is in graphic design.....which was originally for web programming photography and digital image editing.....but i've recently gotten into skinning/modding......largely due to the JA game.....as it inspired and disappointed me in many ways as far as SP customization is concerned.....i can do skinning......and you don't necessarily need a 3Dstudio program to apply the skin to the model as long as you know how to alter references in existing .skin files....i am assuming the speeder is similar to the one in JA
 eidospsogos
10-22-2003, 12:46 AM
whoa i take that back....not what i was thinking at all....not that i take back my offer for help.....but should have looked at your image reference before assuming i knew what you meant.....when someone says speeder i think of the bikes.....i apologize any star wars fan should know better :(
Page: 1 of 1