Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GtkRadiant 1.3.12 & Jedi Academy - BUGS please list and fixes

Page: 1 of 1
 Anakin
10-14-2003, 6:54 PM
OK a lot of people keep on asking me why there version of GTK is crashing when they click this button, or when they complile a map it tells them that it is leaked when it is just a plain box.

Im hoping that this thread will be used by all and we can help each other.

I have also started making some new tutorials on the GtkRadiant 1.3.12 and what each button does, how to make a Siege map etc.

Anakin
 Business_Eskimo
10-14-2003, 10:11 PM
Well, heres a bug for GtkRadiant 1.3.12:

Hitting the "s" key while a patch mesh is selected will cause Radiant to crash.
 Darth Kaan
10-15-2003, 12:00 AM
All the textures for the water shaders are "missing".
 RenikDelan
10-15-2003, 3:11 AM
<GtkRadiant-1.3.12.exe:2568>: GtkGLExt-WARNING **: cannot create GdkGLContext

<GtkRadiant-1.3.12.exe:2568>: GtkGLExt-CRITICAL **: file gdkglwindow-win32.c: line 297 (gdk_gl_window_impl_win32_make_context_current): assertion 'GDK_IS_GL_CONTEXT_IMPL_WIN32 (glcontext)' failed

Im running a 128MB Radeon 9000 with the most recent drivers on WinXP.
 Emon
10-15-2003, 3:37 AM
If you give me detailed information and your system specs, I'll submit them to BugZilla, because no one will read them here.
 Ockniel
10-15-2003, 6:51 AM
Yea, thats what is happining to me to, if anyone could find out how to fix it please tell me, I can't use My Gtk at all now.
 reaper1576
10-15-2003, 9:42 AM
ok if ppl are going to post bugs please use this format it will save alot of trouble and make fix bugs easyer

Bug Title
O/S
Build
Service Pack Level
System Specs
Video Driver
Disctiption of problem
Steps to take to reproduce it
inlude your system info use the system info tool in windows and save it and do the same with your dxdiag log include them as well

also if you enable drwtsn32 in win2k and xp by typeing this in the run box its will generate a error log

drwtsn32 -i

also to go here http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/ddk/debugging/default.mspx) and download Debugging tools for windows

and run GTK with this command its will generate a snapshot of what is happening at the time of the crash

From the command line, run

CDB -pvr -pn GtkRadiant-1.3.12.exe -c ".dump /mh c:\snap.dmp;q"
doing this will help the radiant team fix these error and issue

quicker the more info you supply the easyer it will be to fix issues
ok i dont know if i missed anything out this is standard bug reporting practices what i use when beta testing for microsoft slightly changed
 RenikDelan
10-15-2003, 10:24 AM
I tried using bugzilla, but its a maze finding out if my bug has already been submitted. Ill take your advice though.
 reaper1576
10-15-2003, 11:01 AM
i prefure the MS bug reporting system lot easyer to submit a bug but thats basicly ms gudie lines for bug reporting
 Darth Kaan
10-15-2003, 11:20 AM
So what's the deal with all the missing shader textures?
 GothiX
10-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Old versions of the shaders - get the official GTK from http://www.qeradiant.com/)
 Darth Kaan
10-15-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by gothicX
Old versions of the shaders - get the official GTK from http://www.qeradiant.com/)

Thanks GX, you have my undivided attention. One more question...

I downloaded the "Official" release off Jediknight.net and it is the one I am having this problem with. Is the one on QERadiants site the true official release?

In short, and this is not directed at you, but WTF is the deal as far as the "official" editor?
 WadeV1589
10-15-2003, 1:39 PM
The "official" version is 1.3.12 and has no RC as part of the name. If you have the correct version you'll be able to see all the sky shaders if you load up that directory, you should also get no missing shaders in the system directory.

Try uninstalling GTK then deleting base\shaders, base\scripts and base\textures, followed by a re-install of GTK. I had to do that once to get it to work correctly.
 Darth Kaan
10-15-2003, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by WadeV1589
The "official" version is 1.3.12 and has no RC as part of the name. If you have the correct version you'll be able to see all the sky shaders if you load up that directory, you should also get no missing shaders in the system directory.

Try uninstalling GTK then deleting base\shaders, base\scripts and base\textures, followed by a re-install of GTK. I had to do that once to get it to work correctly.

Okay... I downloaded and installed this version; GTKRadiantSetup-1.3.12-Raven.exe

Downloaded it right off Q3Radiant.com main page

I do have the sky and system shaders and textures. What I am asking is why the water shaders are showing a red and black box that says "shader texture missing" in the common and yavin folders. Did they not include them or are they there for the sole purpose of making Bespin Water 2 the only usable water shader?
 GothiX
10-15-2003, 2:19 PM
Strange enough, those water shaders show up perfectly fine for me. As Wade said, clear the shaders directory before install.

If during installation a boc pops up about read-only files, make sure you choose "Yes to all". That *should* do it.
 Darth Kaan
10-15-2003, 5:37 PM
Strange enough, those water shaders show up perfectly fine for me. As Wade said, clear the shaders directory before install.

If during installation a boc pops up about read-only files, make sure you choose "Yes to all". That *should* do it.

Okay I did that, re-installed and now there are a few water shader textures that show, but there are still a lot of missing water and now a few skybox shader textures.

You don't have any red and black squared "shader image missing" showing up at all?
 richard10101
10-15-2003, 5:42 PM
g|MakeCurrent failed
QgluErrorString: GL_INVALID_OPERATION - The specified operation is not allowed in the current state.
An unrecoverable error has occured.
Woud you like to edit Preferenced before exiting Radiant?
Yes No

====================
this is a bugger, i done everything nearly, i dont know what i havent done.
 GothiX
10-15-2003, 6:28 PM
Originally posted by Darth Kaan
You don't have any red and black squared "shader image missing" showing up at all?

I certainly have sevral, but that is how it was supposed to be. Don't worry about those.
 Emon
10-15-2003, 9:14 PM
RC is release canidate, it's like beta, but usually a little more formal.
 Darth Kaan
10-15-2003, 9:34 PM
I certainly have sevral, but that is how it was supposed to be. Don't worry about those.

10-4 Goth. Thanks again, I finally got it going.
 richard10101
10-16-2003, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by Darth Kaan
Okay I did that, re-installed and now there are a few water shader textures that show, but there are still a lot of missing water and now a few skybox shader textures.

please help :'( im in tears
 shukrallah
10-16-2003, 4:31 PM
g|MakeCurrent failed
QgluErrorString: GL_INVALID_OPERATION - The specified operation is not allowed in the current state.
Woud you like to edit Preferenced before exiting Radiant?
Yes No

====================
this is a bugger, i done everything nearly, i dont know what i havent done.

I have something like that... GTK wont even run!
 richard10101
10-16-2003, 5:01 PM
lol, same here, i doubble click the GTK icon, and then it comes up with that, so i cant do owt.
 richard10101
10-16-2003, 7:39 PM
the error i get is this
g|MakeCurrent failed

===========================
How to fix it
===========================
Crank your desktop colour from 16bit to 24bit or 32bit ( or higher ) it just wont run any lower

thaks goes to lukeskywalker1 for this, he posted it in the other thread, i was just simply putting it in correct one.

Congrats luke !! :)
Page: 1 of 1