Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sun

Page: 1 of 1
 epikon
10-14-2003, 2:07 PM
how do i add the sun to my map im used to mapping for mohaa and i though it was these keys
suncolor 70 70 70
sundirection 90 -45 0
sunflarename sun

but this seems to be wrong plz correct me, thanks
 Greymon
10-14-2003, 5:24 PM
I dont know how, or if its even possible, to make a visible sun in JA, but you can emulate sunlight.

1) Place a normal light entity anywhere on your map.

2)Give it a Key/Value of "_sun 1"

3)Place an info_null in the map oriented around the light entity in the direction you want the sunlight to go. i.e. If the null is directly below the light, the sunlight will shine straight down. In radiant, under the info_null's entity properties, check the box that says "light".

4)Give the light entity a target and the null entity a targetname. Doesn't matter what, they just have to be the same. This can be done in radiant by pressing ctrl-k with both light and null selected.

5)Set the color of the sunlight by using Key "_color" and normalized rgb values. That would be the rgb value divided by 255. White light is 1 1 1, black is 0 0 0, blue is 0 0 1, etc. You can also set color in radiant by pressing K with the Light entity selected.

6)In worldspawn, make a Key/Value of "_noshadersun 1"
 TPM_Montross
10-18-2003, 10:56 PM
while were on the subject of weather does anybody know what effect should be used for the trigger lighningstrike under lightningfx?????????
Page: 1 of 1