Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

If you could live in a video game…

Page: 1 of 1
 nycgamer
10-13-2003, 8:26 PM
Which game would you be ‘zapped’ into?
 Pedro The Hutt
10-13-2003, 8:58 PM
JEDI ACADEMY! XD I'd have to live with a female body since I've been playing with a character like that, but I guess I can adapt. Or something. XD

That or the world of Panzer Dragoon would be nice, lotsa mystical creatures.

Or Monkey Island, harmless pirating fun.

Meh, I could list alot of game universes I'd like to be in XD
 nycgamer
10-14-2003, 9:23 PM
Good choices! I figured someone would have said DOA Beach Volleyball by now :D As for me, I would probably want to be in an action/shooter like Vice City or Mafia ~ the environments, weapons and cars are so cool. Otherwise, a good FPS would be fun - it'd be like playing paintball, only with better surroundings and scarier enemies such as zombies, Nazis, enemies, etc. Kill Switch (http://www.killswitch.com/) is the one I have my eye on to get next. It looks like it would be great fun to be zapped into;

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/killswitch8.jpg)
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/killswitchdesertScreen.jpg)
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/killswitch2.jpg)
 StormHammer
10-16-2003, 11:53 AM
Probably Deus Ex, or it's sequel. Very involving and compelling games, where nothing is as you think it is. Guess I'm a sucker for conspiracy theories. ;)
 nycgamer
10-16-2003, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Probably Deus Ex, or it's sequel. Very involving and compelling games, where nothing is as you think it is. Guess I'm a sucker for conspiracy theories. ;)

Yes, that's a great suggestion, but only based on the gameplay, not the environments. At least not based on the first Deus Ex. I say that only because the graphics were so bad. But in Deus Ex 2, I trust that they've updated their graphics technology so that the game is much nicer to look at. I'm very visual, so detail and realism are important to me. I first played Deus Ex AFTER I had already played Halo, Time Splitters, Unreal Tournament, etc.. so D.Ex ended up looking pathetic by comparison. But, like I said, D.Ex 2 should correct that mistake (fingers crossed).
 StormHammer
10-18-2003, 6:30 PM
Well, if we're talking from a purely graphical perspective, then I would say something like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or Far Cry. Very nice graphics in both of those games. ;)
 Sivy
10-18-2003, 6:38 PM
pac-man, then i could spend my days eating and running away from ghosts.. pretty much like any other day really :D

only kidding, has to be jedi academy for me :)
 BeastMaster
10-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Well, I wouldn't mind visiting the kingdom of Hyrule. Either Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask versions, though MM would be better, so I could score with Creamia (The owner of Romani Ranch). ;)

For something a little more long-term. . . I'd be comfortable in the JK/MotS/JO/JA, though being a Jedi isn't exactly a safe career choice, with the Yuuzhan Vong fleet massing. . .

I'll pick one of my classic faves: DS9: The Fallen. At which point I'd promptly leave DS9 for Earth, San Francisco. I've always wanted to be in Starfleet. And, depending on the game's time-frame, I could neatly sidestep the whole Dominion War thing, and graduate just in time to return to DS9 and meet my all-time favourite character of any Trek generation. :shads2:

Got it all planned out.
 shukrallah
11-03-2003, 12:56 AM
1st post in this forum!!!!

Yeah, zelda was cool.... Id like to be in a star wars game, or a sword fighting game... something like that...
 Orca Wail
11-03-2003, 1:10 AM
MediEviL, baby. Or Myst. Its pretty

It would suck to get stuck in the Sims as a Sim person. 'Specially if a certain sadist was running it...

:D;)
 Ray Jones
11-03-2003, 1:41 PM
strip-chess. :)

okok..

since i am soooo peaceful..

monkey island.

:cool:

*runs*
 Alia
11-03-2003, 1:46 PM
I've dreamed of living on Blood Island in MI3. Even though it has cannibals and crypts and stuff.
 Pedro The Hutt
11-03-2003, 4:59 PM
Ah, but they're vegetarian cannibals, so you're quite safe. ^.^
 obi
11-05-2003, 1:13 AM
KotoR, as a jedi or something. That would be awesome.

Fighting in the sith wars....

*drools*
 Pedro The Hutt
11-05-2003, 12:16 PM
The concept of being killed by a Sith isn't so arousing though.
 Kylilin
11-13-2003, 4:06 AM
Originally posted by BeastMaster
Well, I wouldn't mind visiting the kingdom of Hyrule. Either Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask versions, though MM would be better, so I could score with Creamia (The owner of Romani Ranch). ;)

For something a little more long-term. . . I'd be comfortable in the JK/MotS/JO/JA, though being a Jedi isn't exactly a safe career choice, with the Yuuzhan Vong fleet massing. . .

I'll pick one of my classic faves: DS9: The Fallen. At which point I'd promptly leave DS9 for Earth, San Francisco. I've always wanted to be in Starfleet. And, depending on the game's time-frame, I could neatly sidestep the whole Dominion War thing, and graduate just in time to return to DS9 and meet my all-time favourite character of any Trek generation. :shads2:

Got it all planned out.

and who would that be. I think my all time favorite trek character is Benjamin Sisco (sp?).
 BeastMaster
11-14-2003, 2:18 PM
My fave Trek character has never appeared on screen. His name is Taran'Atar, and his face strikes fear into the hearts of all he meets, for he is Jem'Hadar.

he's a new character introduced in the DS9 novels that are set after the DS9 series finale.

After Odo returned to the Great Link, he took a page from his peoples' dispatching the Hundred (to learn about the galaxy before returning to bring that knowledge to the Link), and gathered a team of Jem'Hadar to go back to the Alpha Quadrant and learn how to live as free beings.

There was a . . . complication during the mission, and only one Jem'Hadar survived to reach DS9 and place himself under Col. Kira's personal command.

Just one problem; the Jem'Hadar don't want freedom. They serve the Dominion. They have always served the Dominion, and always will serve the Dominion. It is The Order of Things.

Nonetheless, Taran'Atar remains (because it is what the Founder "Odo" commanded). He can't understand the purpose of his mission here, but understanding is not his goal. He will simply obey.

I've always had a thing for the truly alien characters of Star Trek. The Borg, the Cardassians, the hirogen, the Vulcans, the Founders, and the Jem'Hadar.

Naturally, the Dominion War ended just months before his arrival, and many of its wounds were still fresh. There's no one on DS9 who hasn't lost a loved one to Jem'Hadar shock troopers. "Chief" Nog especially blames them for the loss of his leg.

Taran'Atar is a killing machine. His current mission does not call for anyone's death. Should that change, however, he is more than capable of slaughtering every living thing on that station. The Jem'Hadar were not bred for compassion.

I especially like how Taran'Atar sees "normal" life aboard DS9 as being completely alien. These people are not warriors. They are undisciplined, physically weak, driven by their emotions, and working at cross-purposes with no clear sense of Order. Even the so-called "Prophets" of the Bajorans do nothing to intervene.
He was deeply shocked to see how weak and helpless non-Jem'Hadar children were. He was equally surprised to learn that, unlike the adults, the children do not fear him. . .

They haven't learned to.

Yet.
 Wombat3
11-15-2003, 5:45 AM
that sounds pretty cool! my grandma has alot of star trek books, I need to see if she has any of the DS9 books.
 Kylilin
11-18-2003, 4:24 AM
Wow Beastie, I should go pick up some DS9 novels. DS9 is my favorie Trek series, there is something compelling about the characters.
 Kylilin
11-18-2003, 4:26 AM
Wow Beastie, I should go pick up some DS9 novels. DS9 is my favorie Trek series, there is something compelling about the characters.
 BeastMaster
11-20-2003, 12:07 AM
Part of DS9's charm comes from the fact that there's character continuity. Unlike Voyager, or TNG, or even TOS, the "guest" characters don't simply leave at the end of the episode. People keep coming back to the station, not just passing through.

Enterprise looks to have the same advantage, since the distances travelled are so short ('cause of having such slow engines). Folks like Soval and Shran and (I'm hoping) Kolos can keep showing up.

The characters evolved and changed and showed more of their personal lives than the TNG or Voy crews.

It also benefitted from having RHW (Robert Hewitt Wolfe), one of the greatest SF writers on TV, involved with the last few seasons. Guy knows how to write arcs.

DS9 also has the (retroactive) advantage of a great finale, which ended the series arc, but kept the characters in circulation (unlike Voyager, which ended with the sound of a guillotine).

The novels, of course, always tend to be better than the TV series. Better-plotted, more epic, and with settings and events that just wouldn't be possible on a TV budget.

See, there're two main types of SF writers.

When we (including myself ^_^ ) start out, we're told by Everyone(tm) that it's Absolutely, Utterly Impossible to write real aliens. No matter how hard we try, the aliens will always end up as reflections of ourselves, as humans. 'Cause we just can't imagine anything really unusual or strange.

One type of writer accepts this, and goes on to write thinly-veiled social commentary.

The other (my kind --and RHW's, actually) tend to take that ex cathedra dictum as a personal challenge. We struggle to out-do each other with wierd, bizarre, and wonderful creatures, springing from the depths of a human imagination that is truly limitless.

Thing is, it's the conservative writers that usually end up writing for TV. It's just easier to meet the "lowest-common-denominator" demographic. The daring kind usually stick to text --like the Star Trek novels.

If you've watched Voyager, you've seen what the unimaginative writers did to the Borg. They just couldn't wrap their heads around the idea of a hive mind, so they turned the Collective into a collection of slaves controlled by a Queen.

Farscape is an example of what the more creative writers can do when turned loose. As is most of DS9.
 Pedro The Hutt
11-20-2003, 11:57 AM
I fear we're veering off topic o.o
 Wombat3
11-20-2003, 4:19 PM
so? you act like that's something new.:p
 Xx Gabriel xX
11-22-2003, 6:09 AM
I wanna be zapped into the old Tapper video game...Mmmmmm Beer..........

Or I guess MechWarrior 4/Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy would work to :)

Gab....
 Jared
11-23-2003, 2:43 AM
I wouldnt want to live in a video game....
 Pedro The Hutt
11-23-2003, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by Wombat3
so? you act like that's something new.:p

Good point.
 MasterN64
11-29-2003, 11:23 AM
I would like to be in one of the more classic Star Wars Games, Dark Forces! I know its old but i mastered it when i was four and always would have been cool i thought if i could play it real life.
 Wombat3
12-04-2003, 7:28 PM
you beat dark forces when you were 4? I definatly don't want to play against you online.:eek:
Page: 1 of 1