Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Maybe question for Wedge-Multiplayer elevator problem

Page: 1 of 1
 ddragon64
10-13-2003, 5:05 PM
I've tried this a couple of times and it just doesn't seem to work right. I'm looking to do exactly what Wedge's tut is (http://map-review.ravencommunity.net/index.php?page=tutorial_view&id=4).

The only problem I seem to be having is when the elevator comes up to me and I got on, it never goes down as long as I'm on it. The only think I can think of is something changed in JA and func_plat don't work the same as JO anymore, but I doubt that.

Anyone have any ideas? :cool:

Dragon
 wedge2211
10-13-2003, 9:53 PM
Huh. That's what the JO func_plats did, and my tutorial aimed to fix. In JO, when a plat was TRIGGERED by something other than the player, it would go down again after its delay time value. I haven't played with the JA ents (I don't have JA yet...goddam money...), maybe you're right and something changed. Other than that, I guess just check to see that all the delay/wait values are set properly and all the triggers are pointing to the right things...
 ddragon64
10-15-2003, 4:48 PM
I've checked everything over and over and everything looks right.

If and when you get JA and you get a chance to check this out, let me know either way if it works out or not. I'm working on a map that elevators like these are a big part of the map. I'd hate to give up on this map because of some stupid elevator issue. And there isn't enough room to make 2 elevators for each spot.

Anywho, I'm going to keep at it and see if I can getting working. :cool:

Dragon
Page: 1 of 1