Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing NPC Files

Page: 1 of 1
 Kidso
10-12-2003, 9:27 PM
Can somone explain to me exactly how to do this please, I would really appreciate it, or just point me to where I can read how to do it, I really need some heads up on this. I don't understand how to save the new info to the npc zip file.
 lukerenshaw
10-13-2003, 12:31 PM
I made a few by opening assets1.pk3 with winace then went to assets1.pk3\ext_da. Copy a premade file across to E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\Base\ext_data\\npcs. Then open with notepad and just change around the names and values should all be pretty obvious.

I'am having trouble making kiadi mundai, coleman trebor and zam wesell working though. I used the rodian.npc for zam and kyle for the other two the model names appear to be right but they will not spawn.

Any1 any ideas ?
 peloquin
10-24-2003, 1:48 AM
if you paste what you have in the npc file here I can tell you where you have gone wrong. I've done alot of npc alterations.
 starstorm971
10-27-2003, 7:03 PM
I did this but I'm confused how or where to save it.
 Prime
10-29-2003, 2:56 PM
In the tutorial I wrote about replacing Jaden in the JA skinning forum I talked about editing .npc files. You can have a look there and see if it is any help...
Page: 1 of 1