Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Map Editor

Page: 1 of 1
 FragFodder
10-11-2003, 8:20 AM
I've noticed that a few new maps are slowly trickling out (WampaJoust springs to mind).

Is there a map editor available for JKA yet? Else if not, how did these people put something together?

I've tryed using GTKRadient running the JK2 plugin but it falls over when I try compiling.

Has anyone got any ideas?

FragFodder
 |GG|Carl
10-11-2003, 9:26 AM
Originally posted by FragFodder
Is there a map editor available for JKA yet?
No, it's not, but they are creating one.

PS. The JO one can still be used for JA.
 FragFodder
10-11-2003, 9:34 AM
*Reinstalls and tries again*

Thanks m8, I'll see what can be done :)

FF
 |GG|Carl
10-11-2003, 9:43 AM
But wait, I think you have to change some things in it to work with JA!(I dunno what! You'd better ask the ones t the mapping forum!)
 GothiX
10-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Look at the sticky thread on top.
 ddragon64
10-11-2003, 2:44 PM
Is there an echo in this place?

The JAradiant isn't out yet but there is a new version of GTKradiant that has JA support. :cool:

Click on me please (http://www.map-center.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1384)

Dragon
 FragFodder
10-11-2003, 6:33 PM
Good stuff, cheers guys :)

I got JK2Radient working, had to use the DOS Short names instead of the full paths to the base folder etc within the project settings. This solved the problems I was having with the compiler binning out.

The only downside seems to be an inability to control lighting. I'm working on a map at the moment but I haven't used ANY light entities at all, yet the map is ready lit. It's a pain because I wanted to use dark blue lighting to achieve a midnight effect.

I'll have a look at that testing version. If nothing else it's worth a crack :)

FF
Page: 1 of 1