Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stupid Gtk thing.

Page: 1 of 1
 idontlikegeorge
10-10-2003, 4:53 AM
Where exactly does GtkRadiant look for and read the entity definition file(s)?

I have Radiant 1.3.11 beta installed, with the base files in c:\Games\Radiant\
And my games in c:\Games\JediOutcast and c:\Games\JediAcademy

When installing Gtk I placed the game-specific tools to JediAcademy\GameData\Radiant\ and moved the extra things, like the .def files and shaderlist.txt, into GameData\base\scripts

This is where everything should be, right? I think so... but NPCs do not appear at all in the right-click drop-down list in the editor. Yes, I have it set on single-player mode, and it's set on the basic game (not a mod setting).

This had happened with JO as well, back in the day... I fixed it strangely, by copying the sp_entities.def file and pasting it in any folder I thought Gtk might look for it!

This time doing it, still no-go. I know, I can put in any entity, and manually change the classname and the key/values to whatever I need, but that is quite a hassle, and I want to know why the hell NPCs are not in the drop down list!

Any idea why?

Of course, it may be, since the official editing tools haven't been released yet, I could possibly wait. But, this had happened with the official releases of the Outcast tools for me, as well.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
 reaper1576
10-10-2003, 12:38 PM
have a look here RC2 of GTK radiant 1.3.12 with JA support

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114588)
 idontlikegeorge
10-10-2003, 9:26 PM
Thanks, but I don't think that will exactly help, like said, this has happened before with a Gtk version with full Outcast support (while editing Outcast).

But from reading that thread, it seems full JA support will be availible soon enough, I'll try and hopefully won't find this oddball error with that.

In the meantime, I can continue the map structure itself, which is half the battle anyway. :xp:
 Greymon
10-11-2003, 2:17 AM
Open the console in gtkradiant and read right after loading. It will tell you where/if it's reading the entities.def. If the npcs aren't showing but other entities are, you may be mapping in multiplayer mode. Console will tell you that as well. To fix this: Go to File > Project settings and change the mapping mode. I've seen 1.3.11 mess up and go into mp mapping mode even when that box says single player. Just change it to mp mode then back to sp mode. Then restart. That may solve your problem. Personally I have the 1.3.12 RC3 and it works fine.
 idontlikegeorge
10-12-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Greymon
Open the console in gtkradiant and read right after loading. It will tell you where/if it's reading the entities.def.

Yeah, I looked thru the console line-by-line til I found:

basepath : C:/Games/JediAcademy/GameData/base/
entitypath : C:/Games/JediAcademy/GameData/Radiant/base/scripts/sp_entities.def

No idea why it looks there, I had to make two new empty subdirectories and paste the .def file in there, but it works! Thanks.

Is there any way to change the parameter for entitypath in Radiant? I mean, it works as is, but I feel it's kind of a jury-rigged solution... thanks again for the input.
 Greymon
10-12-2003, 2:56 AM
idontlikegeorge, my console reads the same as yours, but i dont think its actually looking there. I did not create that directory.

I would suggest you do what I mentioned in my last post: Go to File > Project settings, then change it to MP mode then back to SP mode. Restart. That fixed all my entity problems.

Anyways, the 1.3.12 final is finished. It should be released at www.qeradiant.com) soon.
 idontlikegeorge
10-12-2003, 2:59 AM
I did do that, and it didn't. That's why I made the empty subfolders.
Page: 1 of 1